subnoize

Anybody got a Taz Pro yet?

Hello!

Has anyone got Simplify3D working with a Taz Pro yet? Mine comes Wednesday.

I imagine it's like a Aerostrudder x 2. I have my Taz 6 w/Aerostrudder so dialed in now that I can't miss so maybe that will help.

Also, the controller is different (32 bit? 8 bit was fine, not so sure what the other 24 bits are doing, queue the disco ball) so I imagine there is some new post processor things I have to look for. It's going to suck using the "freeware" slicer until I can get Simplify3D tuned...

Soooo! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
S3D-Chris

Re: Anybody got a Taz Pro yet?

Please contact our support team at support@simplify3d.com and we can send you a Taz Pro profile to test.
subnoize

S3D-Chris wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:43 am Please contact our support team at support@simplify3d.com and we can send you a Taz Pro profile to test.
You bet! Talk with you guys soon!
subnoize

S3D-Chris wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:43 am Please contact our support team at support@simplify3d.com and we can send you a Taz Pro profile to test.
Thank you for the profile. The Taz Pro is proving much harder to get tuned in v4.1 than I hoped, mainly due to how parameteized Cura has become over the past 3 years and the Taz Pro apparently needing those parameters.

One thing that I find difficult to do is Cura writes cool-off periods to the head with the PVA so it doesn't coke up the nozzle and starts bringing it up to tempt as the other head is beginning to finish its layer. There is no equivalent in S3D. In fact this behavior appears to work to a lesser degree for the second head in general. It is one of the factors that has eliminated the whole "ooze shield" thing.

Also, the first layer on Taz machines are always .4 mm no matter what the layer thickness is. I have simulated this by manually editing the XML document by hand but once you throw in the second head that file structure quickly gets corrupted making it very hard to keep in a known state. I understand that you all never intended to have the file abused in this manor but it use to work on the old Taz 6 and was a delight because the first layer was always perfect. Now, not so much. I even had one head with the perfect layer height and the other was at some unknown state and the print came out weird.

I think the PVA was at .1 and the PLA was at .35 after the first layer or something crazy like that.

Anyways, is v5 going to be more parameterized like Cura is? Can I pre-pay and maybe get a beta version? Cura is driving me nuts right now.

Thanks,

--jb
subnoize

Break through?

Wow! I may have been debugging Lulzbot's firmware and not knowing it.

I have my first prints that I would actually call "usable."

I am running a test print using PLA for both heads (I am still nervous about printing with PVA after my first screw up) on a large part, one is support and the other is body. It will be interesting to see the results. The booger-maker (that is what I call Cura) can't slice a usable g-code of this model to save it's life so its one of my "is it tuned" prints.

We shall see in 10 hours!

--jb
lbrown2

Any update on Taz Pro support? I'm also thinking about buying one of these machines, and need to use Symplify 3D with it.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”