lovisyda

How to set mixing persentage in Simplify3d?

Good day,

I am a new one in 3D printing. I have Geeetech A10M 3D printer (with two extruders and one nozzle) and have bought Simplify3D software.
Please advise, how it is possible to mix two extruders by telling the persentages myself?

For example: I have black (left extruder) and white (right extruder) filaments. I want the bottom of the model to be with full black (this I know how to arrange), but from the end of the bottom to the end to the end of the model I want it to be 30 % white and 70% black. How can I make it happen? Is there any easier way to enter it to Simplify3D or only I need to know the scripts and write this to the profile?

If so, can anybody help me write the script?

I have been checking and reading the forum and youtube etc, but I haven't got yet an answer that will satisfy me.

Thank you all in advance.
S3D-Chris

Re: How to set mixing persentage in Simplify3d?

You can set the mixing percentage by adjusting the starting script (found in the Scripts tab of your process settings). You will use a M163 command to assign the mixing percentage for each extruder.
TheBum

That will only allow one mix for the entire model. If you want to have three separate mixes depending on layer ranges, then the easiest way is to use the Variable Settings Wizard to define the transition points, which will generate a separate process for each range. Instead of specifying the mix in the Start script, you could add the color mix command for each range to the Layer Change script in the associated process. It would be executed on each layer, but since it's a non-movement command, it wouldn't have a negative impact on print time.
lovisyda

Hi,

Thank you a lot for the explanation.

I checked the script to see what it says right now when I haven't changed the script myself:

G28 ; home all axes
M205 X10 Y10 ; set XY jerk to 10
M163 S0 P0.5
M163 S1 P0.5
M164 S2 ; set T2 mixing ratio to even mix
T2 ; select extruder
G1 X15 Y10 Z0.3 F3000 ; avoid binder clips
G1 X195 E15 F500 ; prime line
G1 X205 F100 ; slow wipe

So I should be able to change the M164 S2 ; set T2 mixing ratio to even mix with changing the script and adding the percentages per T0 ( extruder color white) and T1 (extruder color black). Could you please help me write the additional lines?

Thank you in advance.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”