daddydc

Port Communication FFCP and Windows

TECH SUPPORT / FFCP Support contacted as well. I have done everything, even trying to manually set up a com port.

Com/port issues...So to no avail. There is no communication whatsoever. I NEED to know if anyone has had com issues...2 things I did that may have compromised the communication.

1- Reset the printer to factory settings, <-----Eprom was not touched...(Noob). :?: :?:

2- Uninstalled/Deleted Com 5 via device manager.

3- Looking for tech advice please, as I don't wanna hear, " WHY USB, etc. USB has been fine since June 2017 purchase date, and I do use the SD card as well. My PC is advanced and can stay on.

Thanks in advance and if anyone helps me solve this, I swear you'll get a huge shout out and some free cookie cutters. lol Or perhaps a donation of 25.00 CAN. ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Seriously though, looking to donate to a tech or anyone that can help.

Do I pull the board and have a look? I already took the cover off and see nothing. I'll do a small vid as well today.

If anyone needs any info, pics vids, etc, please let me know, we only have the one printer and business and stopped....:( :cry: :cry: :cry:
S3D-Alex

Re: Port Communication FFCP and Windows

So there are a few different points in USB comms where things can go wrong. Given what you have provided I would guess that when you deleted/uninstalled Com5 via Device Manager that you also deleted the drivers needed for the FFCP. I believe these drivers can be found on their website or by downloading the FlashPrint slicer software.
wirlybird

Easiest thing to do is go download Flashprint and install. It will install the needed driver.

Once installed and BEFORE plugging in the USB cable to the printer ... open device manager and then "Ports".

Plug in the FFCP and power on. Then see which port is added. That is the one to use in S3D.

Now, this port can change the next time you power on so take a look to verify the number.
wirlybird

S3D-Alex wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:50 pm So there are a few different points in USB comms where things can go wrong. Given what you have provided I would guess that when you deleted/uninstalled Com5 via Device Manager that you also deleted the drivers needed for the FFCP. I believe these drivers can be found on their website or by downloading the FlashPrint slicer software.
If the proper driver is installed then the port will show/be created once the printer is plugged in via USB and powered on.
The port will go away if the printer is powered off or unplugged from USB.

The driver creates a port each time and the number can change.
Ayres3D

I have a FFCP and also run by USB so I understand entirely why you'd want to do it (I can print from anywhere, for instance).

What I would do

1 - Unplug the USB and have printer off
2 - Uninstall Flashprint completely
3 - Reboot computer for good measure
4 - Re-install Flashprint from scratch and set up as you did originally
5 - Get things working from Flashprint - check that it can see the printer
6 - Switch back to S3D using the port which Flashprint has created.
pritisikka

Great Information.Thanks for sharing :)
daddydc

Thank you all for the tips, tricks, info and everything else. 2 Years i have had no issues with usb, I have back up power. I prefer usb and with the machine control panel via S3D any process that is done can be stopped much quicker than fiddling with the 5 buttons on the main panel of FFCP.

The issue has been solved, NEW board was ordered for 160.00CAN and done deal. Business is back up and running again, as for the old board....well, I'll wait until i see a good parts unit on Ebay.
Ayres3D wrote: I have a FFCP and also run by USB so I understand entirely why you'd want to do it (I can print from anywhere, for instance).

What I would do

1 - Unplug the USB and have printer off
2 - Uninstall Flashprint completely
3 - Reboot computer for good measure
4 - Re-install Flashprint from scratch and set up as you did originally
5 - Get things working from Flashprint - check that it can see the printer
6 - Switch back to S3D using the port which Flashprint has created.
Did all that as well. New board was bought and installed and i was printing within 5 min. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I know for a fact that it was the port on the board...no other option. Something bent or moved, i'd love to see if FF could fix it, but can only imagine the cost.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”