FlexGTR

Really bad seam lines!

Hi all,

I'm new to Simplify3D, so hello to everyone!

I've been printing for many years now and I've fixed most issues in the past, but this is the first time I've come across this particular one. I've just completed a nine hour print and the surface finish is very poor, due to what I suspect are the layer seams.

The first pic is the S3D print. Printed at 0.1mm, with the start points set to 'Optimize start points for fastest printing speeds', i.e. default. As you can see, the seams are awful! For comparison, the second pic is one that I printed using Cura before I bought S3D...
S3D 1.jpg
Cura.jpg
I have just set another copy going with a specific start point chosen (x=100, Y=150) in case that helps, but surely S3D should be giving me better results than this? Any ideas on what could be wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karl
TheBum

Re: Really bad seam lines!

You usually trade quality when you go for speed. How does it come out if you randomize the start points for the layers?
airscapes

Re: Really bad seam lines!

I would suggest you reprint it with cura and see if it is as nice as it was before. Almost looks like a mechanical issue rather than software.. Then again, I did not upgrade S3D and can not say for sure as there are apparently still many issues with the current version.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”