peternese
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:22 am

[Q] Dense Supports - printing unsupported Support Islands

Good Day Simplify-users and fellow printing peoples,

I figured this might be the best place to get my issue and question solved as I just couldn't find an answer for my problem for now, hope someone knows and answer to my problem.
So its in general that I have an issue with supports printing islands in the air where there is no material lying underneath it, so it results in kind of loops hanging down on the object and sticking sometimes to close to the printed object or even getting stuck inside of that resulting in ugly spots where some extra work is necessary.
I tried some settings to avoid that problem, but seems like turning off dens support would be the only working solution, but doesn't work well with my goal of having a dense supported area underneath my first bottom layers.
Too much explaining, here's a picture of the problem I'm talking about
Image

I would highly appreciate any help or someone to contribute who is also fighting with the same kind of issue.
Other than that, happy printing!
User avatar
dkightley
Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: [Q] Dense Supports - printing unsupported Support Islands

Reduce the support Extra Inflation Distance if you're worries about these extra bits of print....
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”