Peter Stoneham

Re: Non-planar layers

This nozzle would help with non-planar printing.
Nozzle.JPG
Valanda_jans

Please add my definitive interest in this ability.
Valanda_jans

Re: Non-planar layer printing

I would love to see nonplaner slicing and printing with this software
Skyjuice

We are ready for this and would love to see it available ASAP! What are the chances we’ll see it in the next few days S3D Jake?
justineo14

I'm also rather interested in this funtionality.
---------
Tex©
DzzD

+1

That will probably give better results for all top layer and specially when the slope is low (and it probably only have to be done for top layers ? ).

Unfortunatly it can only work for specials models and with specifics hotends if trying to render the top layers at once.

But maybe it is possible and a lot more easier to implement to do that special rendering on 3/5 layers at a time, it will give great result on low slope top layers while it is IMHO not necessary on high slope layers.
Q11

This would be an awesome feature!
+1
abc

+1 for non-planar layers... and if it could be used for the top layer of support and the bottom layer of the part... 😍
SOLIDOODLE FOR LIFE.
barthyone

+1 from me.

I've been waiting with baited breath for a slicer to incorporate a more usable version of this since the original hackaday article in 2016.

I don't know if the strength is improved like the article surmises, but I do feel there's value in a cnc-style parallel toolpath to cleanup the stair-stepping on a model's contoured top surface (in one direction, anyway).
alexhurd86

Non Planar 3D printing

I was looking into non planar printing slic3d has an add on for it. Is this a reasonable request or are there copyright problems with this?

Return to “Feature Requests”