Elysio

How to get rid off the extra infill perimeter

Hi guys.

I am printing quite huge objects.
3kg in 24h.
1.5mm nozzle, 2.85mm filament, layer height 0.5mm
Max printsize of the printer is ø600mm to 700mm.
After slicing the object I could see that the infill causes additional perimeters.
That creates a situation that the perimeters in the object are sometimes in the same layer 4 and 3 perimeters and not only 3 as I told the software to do.
Due to that, the additional perimeter pumps the wall to 6mm. Regularly I would have printed it to 4.5mm.
This has some disadvantages.
1. Uses much more material.
2. Uses more time.
3. After cooling, the outer wall has bumps and not even surface.
4. Due to running all along for the extra perimeter , it crosses the same perimeter often twice and that creates bumps and blobs which are not welcome.

I have closed loop steppers for the printer, so some bumps are not an issue but,...
if there is any possibility to avoid this extra perimeter I would take it immediately.

I hope you can help me.
Pics attached.

Bye, Elysio.
infill.jpg
bumps.jpg
Elysio

Re: How to get rid off the extra infill perimeter

Hi.

No ideas?
Maybe I am missing something. Maybe I have not seen the option to get rid off this extra perimeter.
I mean that is a serious thing, the surface qulity is becoming worse with this functionality.
I hope there is a way to avoid this extra perimeter.
BrainMcFly

i think youve upscaled the model.

Whats your extrusion width? just bump it up slightly in 0.1mm steps until the unwanted perimeter disappears.

can you share the stl-model?
DzzD

I have also noticed that S3D infill add extra-perimeters in some case and even worst not for the whole perimeter... (because if so, we can just remove one perimeter and it will be ok).

You should try differents paterns for infill, triangular and grid do not seems to add those extra-perimeters.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”