horst.w

Re: Quality problem, mini stairs along z axis

... I want to try it out later, actually the Mankati is running with a 12 hours print (ABS clear, up to now at halftime nearly perfect) and I'm sorry, the A8 has loaded at the moment very expensiv filament ( > 50 € / 500 gr.), not recommendable to play with.

H.
DzzD

Ok back after further tests, some observations :

Problem appear with retractions, but blob are not where retractation take place, they are rather where retractation lands.

Indeed my goal is not to print a simple cube, I could achieve a nearly perfect one by simply disable retractation, but rather print a piece with retractation without any blob, so that I will be able to print several parts together with nice finish, or print multi-materials without blobs artifacts.

For now the best solution I have found is to set 3 perimeters (with only 2 perimeters it still renders thoses little stairs), with inside-outside direction. This way blobs are far less visibles but still not perfect...

I will continu to investigate and will give some more feedbacks. If someone find another or better solution pleeease share it.
horst.w

I have print a lot of tests , but with my standard settings I could not reproduce your issues.

The picture shows an ensemble of 3 small cubes (print stopped by 5 mm) , will say the print has position changes between the models with retracts ( ... Only when crossing open spaces)

Material ABS, 230°, bed 90°
Perimeters 3, Infill 25%
Speed ~ 50 mm/s
EW 0,50 mm
Layer height 0.10, 0.20, 0.25 mm what are 20%, 40% and 50% EW : LH

No problems to perceive.

H.
IMG_20191102_180243.jpg
DzzD

Thanks for your time !

I finally end to the conclusion that 3 perimeters are required when EW/LH ratio gets high, this is not a big constraint and give a lot better results.

I can finally print my cube :) !

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”