PicoTreed

Re: Paid upgrade For 2019 upcoming Version 5.0

Dear S3D Team,

We hope you're not trying to avoid the free distribution of your new V5 version to a large base of 2018 subscribers.
We all think that you have to respect your promises and deploy the V5 version until december 2019.

Thank you.
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
aruba68

Hallo,

ich bin auch schon sehr gespannt auf die Version 5 von S3D. Wobei ich eigentlich mehr darauf gespannt bin was für Änderungen/Neuerungen kommen als auf den Erscheinungstermin. (Vielleicht werden ja jetzt 8 Extruder unterstützt)
Unabhängig davon werde ich bei S3D bleiben. Im Notfall sogar bei der V4.
Das Beiträge gelöscht werden kenne ich ja schon. Was ich nicht so toll finde das so wenig Antworten vom S3D kommen. Aber vielleicht hängt das ja dadran das das ganze Team mit der neuen Version beschäftigt ist.
Also warte wir es ab was da kommt

Hi,

I'm really looking forward to the version 5 of S3D. Whereby I am actually more curious what changes / innovations come than on the release date. (Maybe 8 extruders are supported now)
Regardless, I will stay with S3D. In case of emergency even with the V4.
That posts are deleted, I know already. What I do not think so great that so few answers come from the S3D. But maybe that depends on the fact that the whole team is busy with the new version.
So let's wait and see what's coming up
(translated with Google)
S3D-Chris

aruba68 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:41 am
Hi,

I'm really looking forward to the version 5 of S3D. Whereby I am actually more curious what changes / innovations come than on the release date. (Maybe 8 extruders are supported now)
That posts are deleted, I know already. What I do not think so great that so few answers come from the S3D. But maybe that depends on the fact that the whole team is busy with the new version.
(translated with Google)
Thank you for your continued support! Our team has made tremendous progress throughout the year, and we are all working hard to finish up the last remaining pieces so that we can officially release V5 to our customers. We are all anxious to have this release finalized, and we plan to share more information about timing and pricing as the release date gets closer.
Wallabear

If they do not release V5 in 2019 they should at least extend the upgrade period for the people who subscribed in 2018. That is the only fair thing to do, we bought it, or at least I did, based on their promise to release the upgrade, their failure to meet their time table is in no part their customers fault. I have sent a couple of e-mails inquiring about extending the upgrade period if they fail to meet their very public announcement of 2019 V5 release. The first one was answered with their standard "your purchase of Simplify 3D comes with 12 months of free upgrades". The next one was unanswered and the one I sent yesterday so far has been unanswered. As I have said in the past I hope V5 is everything they have claimed, that would be great. I also hope that they do right by their customers.
27D15H
albert2adams

S3D-Chris wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 am
aruba68 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:41 am
Hi,

(translated with Google)
Thank you for your continued support! Our team has made tremendous progress throughout the year, and we are all working hard to finish up the last remaining pieces so that we can officially release V5 to our customers. We are all anxious to have this release finalized, and we plan to share more information about timing and pricing as the release date gets closer.
Well, I have now missed the free upgrade by 6 days :cry:

So when exactly is "THE RELEASE DATE"?
kemp-d-p

I just want to know if it will be at least by early January? S3d, we just want some updates, maybe a few teasers or something will keep us at Bay?
pokemona

On one hand, it is really hard work to release S3D V5. On the other hand, the competitivity on the market is so high, we see new releases of free slicers monthly with continuous support and improvements. So, if S3D delays more time with V5 release they have a big chance to lose the customers' attention. Unless they're preparing some "killing super-feature" that no one has.
qsligh

I don't mind paying for the upgrade, everyone has to make $$$, and their developers must keep the lights one. I do however wish that they will increase their spectrum of printers to include Elegoo Mars as that along with Anycubic are the hottest selling models on the market.
percar

Ok so it has been quite some time since we have hear anything regarding version 5. I know when coding the final touches take the longest as well as the debugging. I'm not sure of all the new features that are going to be implemented into version 5 but likely there will be some good enhancements. Chris if you could take a couple of minutes from your busy schedule to at least give us some feedback of the progress that you are making. This will give us all a nice warm fuzzy feeling that things are moving along.
aruba68

Yes, that would be great.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”