neilr

How to add filament change

I see that there's not been much action on this thread, and I'm surprised (if true) that the S3D folks haven't seen fit to give us a way to EASILY inject M600 into a GCode stream. I always use an SD card to move the files, and even though it looks like the "Additional terminal commands for post processing" might do the trick, it really doesn't.

Like others I end up editing the GCode file manually.

This is silly.
Last edited by S3D-Jake on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: more concise title
S3D-Jake

Re: How to add filament change

neilr wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 am I see that there's not been much action on this thread, and I'm surprised (if true) that the S3D folks haven't seen fit to give us a way to EASILY inject M600 into a GCode stream. I always use an SD card to move the files, and even though it looks like the "Additional terminal commands for post processing" might do the trick, it really doesn't.

Like others I end up editing the GCode file manually.

This is silly.
Thanks for the additional feedback. We've certainly heard dozens of requests for a feature like this and would love to add it. However, as Ahri so eloquently pointed out, different printers support different pause commands. And we support a huge number of printers. We currently are at the point where we'd need more data to be collected on which printers support what pause command in order to support such a feature fully.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
neilr

Re: How to add filament change

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I would be just as happy if there was some way (in S3D) to insert a script at a specific height. Then I could put whatever I wanted, say M600, there. This would be printer agnostic and solve the problem many people face. It would NOT require " more data to be collected" as it's up to the user to decide what commands to insert.

My 2c.

Neil

Return to “Feature Requests”