rflulling

Custom Color Assignment: Active Tool Head

It can be daunting and confusing to see Green and Blue when the colors are black and White, or Red and Green and the green color is the opposite extruder.

In my case the the E1, the left extruder is BLUE, and the E0, the right extruder is RED. This alone would be reason to customize the colors. But then there is the filament. Should the color be based on the Filament or the Hardware? In my book, it depends on if I am calibrating the hardware, or tweaking the process for a model.

But to throw fuel on the fire, I also define extra tool heads. Since I can.
Each head is a preset for the Extruder. Currently I have 3 for each. 1 preset is experimental. The other two adjust density and quality.
It would be nice to customize these colors as well. Related is the active process, since each process is tied to one tool. So maybe the better request is to customize the colors on the process in print preview.

To be clear, I am asking for the ability to customize the colors used in Print Preview.
Not the Process setup page.

Why can this be helpful? Well, never mind the reasons I have provided above. In a highly complex part where the processes and tools are all over the place. You loose track, or over look some defect. Being able to change the colors means being able to draw attention to or by choice highlight a function, a behavior, before it becomes a failed print.
S3D-Jake

Re: Custom Color Assignment: Active Tool Head

Great idea! I'll note this for our developers to review.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
rflulling

Re: Custom Color Assignment: Active Tool Head

Thank you. I look forward to seeing how this may be implemented.

I would hope it is one of two ways.
A) in a dedicated global filament profile, or within the Process.
B) From the preview tab, we just right lick on the color square in the Key. A contextual menu opens we choose a color and that's it. Applied.

Return to “Feature Requests”