petersmall

Support for the Creality Ender 3D Plus

I've just bought a Creality Ender 5 Plus printer.
When I select a machine profile it only has an option for the Creality Ender 5 (Not the Plus, which has a larger build bed of 350mm).
Will this profile work on the Plus or will it need to be modified?
S3D-Chris

Re: Support for the Creality Ender 3D Plus

Our support team will be happy to assist you. Please contact us at support@simplify3d.com
abc

Support told me that they haven't had a chance to test the Ender 5 Plus yet.

I've been messing with mine. Still working on oozing (the OEM Bowden tube measured right at 6 miles long)

I started with the S3D Ender 5 profile and have made the following changes so far:

Retraction Distance to 8mm
Retraction Speed to 3600mm/minute
-note: my extruder motor is getting pretty warm to the touch, your mileage may vary
Coasting Distance to .30mm
Wipe Distance to 3mm
-note: this test is printing currently, will know how it works tomorrow

I tried adding a G29 to the starting script for the BL Touch but that hosed everything. I am currently running the default S3D Ender 5 starting script and the machine runs the full bed probing routine after homing anyway ? :roll: ?
SOLIDOODLE FOR LIFE.
amarkrios

Let us know how the print turned out with the settings listed. I am in the process of trying to dial in my Ender 5 Plus.
abc

Here is where I am currently. Stringing is pretty much taken care of but still need to smooth out start and stop blobs. Benchy pics at https://imgur.com/a/eaHDNK8

Stock Simplify3D Creality Ender 5 profile with the following changes:

Build Volume
Retraction Distance to 8mm
Retraction Speed to 3600mm/minute
Coasting Distance to .30mm
Wipe Distance to 3mm
Perform retraction during wipe movement enabled

My next print will have a coasting distance of .50 and an extra restart distance of -.20. Let me know what you learn on your end.
SOLIDOODLE FOR LIFE.
petersmall

I changed the print dimensions to 350.350.400 in Simplify3D and it printed the monkey cup just fine although I had to manually insert the nozzle temperature (why?)
S3D-Chris

petersmall wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:04 am I changed the print dimensions to 350.350.400 in Simplify3D and it printed the monkey cup just fine although I had to manually insert the nozzle temperature (why?)
Please post your factory file so we can take a look!
Chaks

Any updates on this? The Ender 5 plus is listed as supported, but there is no profile listed in the wizard.
S3D-Chris

Chaks wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:29 pm Any updates on this? The Ender 5 plus is listed as supported, but there is no profile listed in the wizard.
We have a profile for the Creality Ender 5 plus we can send you! Please contact us at support@simplify3d.com
Jack21

I do not understand why thé ender 5 plus profile has a speed of 50 mm/s

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”