I am using a Dual Extruder v3 on a Lulzbot TAZ 5
I am usually using MatterHackers PLA or Hatchbox PLA at 190 C
When using PVA, it is PolyMaker PolyDissolve S1 at 210 C (might be switching to MatterHackers PVA after this roll)
I recently bought Simplify3D and it has been working fabulous (after some tuning) when using just PLA on one or both extruders.
I have yet to get a successful print out of Simplify3D using PVA and PLA. I tried using the default PVA and PLA material profile with no success, after changing the temperatures, still no luck. After a few more tries changing settings here and there, still no luck. I took the extruder settings from Cura (settings like extrusion multiplier, retraction, speeds) and still no luck.
I have two main issues, heat creep causes the PVA to soften and strip out, at least I think that is what's happening. I also have a large amount of oozing that usually causes the prime tower to barely be there if at all before it gets to the model. A lesser issue is that the M109 command in my layer change script doesn't wait until it reaches the 210 it is set for, it gets to 200 and then continues, I found a workaround for this but it is still inconvenient.
Here is my layer change script if that helps.
Code: Select all
G1 Y260 ; moves Y axis to the front
{IF NEWTOOL=0}M104 S165 T1; set T1 inactive extruder to 165 C
{IF NEWTOOL=0}M109 S220 T0; Set T0 new active extruder to temp and wait for it to reach temperature before proceeding.
{IF NEWTOOL=0}M104 S210 T0; set target temp back to original after it's reached.
{IF NEWTOOL=1}M104 S165 T0; Cool T0 to 165
{IF NEWTOOL=1}M109 S[extruder1_temperature] T1; set T1 Heat T1 to tempI have yet to try the same model again on Cura. I was able to get successful prints out of Cura before. I would like to use Simplify3D in order to take advantage of the dense support setting.
Does anyone have any suggestion on settings or temperatures?