Deneteus

Re: Version 5 Announcement

KeyboardWarrior wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:04 pm
mntbighker wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:10 pm Let me be the first one to voice my skepticism that 5 will be any different than 4.1out of the gate. As usual the announcement is marketing fluff with no substance whatsoever.

"Over the years, Simplify3D has built a reputation for accuracy and reliability."

Really? :roll:

I really hope I'm wrong. But there is no past evidence to that effect.
The villagers are getting restless. I see a lot of “Engineers” in this thread talking tech like tenny boppers. This thread was to alert the rest of us that the next software release will most likely not appease your expectations? Great post, keep up the quality work. I look forward to your continued gripes, that you can somehow still struggle to 3D print in 2019.
Says the boomer. We had a thread on the v5 release and it was locked.
krohelm

I am excited.
rigarashi

Any hint on the upgrade pricing scheme, as they relate to current users and how much for new users. Do "loyal" users get any better treatment with big upgrade discounts?

I need to know if I should stay or move on to others so this sort of information would be extremely helpful to current users.
TheBum

Whoever wrote that update would make a good politician: use a lot of words but don't really say anything that wasn't already known.

If you've identified over 70 customer-requested features being implemented, how hard is it to just list them?
gimaxUser

Easy..
If you announce something, you'll be held accountable for it.. They are not yet finished with the development, so they do not want to promise stuff, which there is a possibility that they cannot deliver...
AbelCS

gimaxUser wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:26 pm Easy..
If you announce something, you'll be held accountable for it.. They are not yet finished with the development, so they do not want to promise stuff, which there is a possibility that they cannot deliver...
Man, in Software Engineering if after more than a year of development and a month or two before the release day you are not able to tell people what are the new features you will release, you have a VERY BIG problem...
tardar

If you work with scrum framework you can maybe tell every 2 or max 4 weeks what you're working on ;)

Transparency is the key :)
Mogal

Talk about first world problems. :lol:

If it upsets you so much about the time of release, move on! :roll:
If it upsets you so much about the price of the upgrade, MOVE ON!!!

S3D is still my goto slicer.
I've seen vids on other slicers, but not enough to compel me to switch.

Again, if it upsets you so much, move on, I'm tired of hearing about the missed deadline and cost of upgrades.
Get over it! Geez.
How about we suggest they move to a subscription based model?! Would that make you happy?!

I'd like to get back to the positive things that come with 3D Printing.
Thanks.

FYI: The upgrade price will be around 25/30% of full purchase price.
gwhite

krohelm wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:59 amI am excited.
I'm appalled...

The lack of ANY concrete information about all the the wonderful new features is really pathetic. I'm REALLY tired of being strung along month after month. Time to see if I can get Cura to run my machine.
airscapes

gwhite wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:22 am
krohelm wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:59 amI am excited.
I'm appalled...

The lack of ANY concrete information about all the the wonderful new features is really pathetic. I'm REALLY tired of being strung along month after month. Time to see if I can get Cura to run my machine.
Check out Prusaslicer I got that working really well in one afternoon on a non prusa machine. It is very S3D like, I would even venture a bet that S3D used a branch of Slic3r when the came out with 4.0. I have not done anything other the 2 walled square but the end result with out much tweaking was better looking and stronger than the S3d version. It can be found on Github, I would post a link but that would get deleted I am sure.
@Gwhite Don't you have a Makergear machine, I posted the profiles I created yesterday for the M2 over at the MG forum.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”