Hey all.
I'm having trouble with getting a model to slice correctly.
I've put this model through both 3D Builder and Netfabb in an effort to make sure it's print-ready, but whenever I slice the model I end up with areas with detail missing where it seems like logically the program should at least be making an effort to print (particularly the back of the jacket and collar which are solid and contiguous with other things that it has chosen to print). Is there any way to force the application to include these areas even if they're likely to fail?
I suppose that the issue is that two separate pieces are floating relatively close to one another and so only the inner detail is being included and that the model needs to be solid throughout, but I don't know an easy way to accomplish this. The best I've come up with so far is going into Blender and closing the gaps by hand, but that's tedious. Suggestions are welcomed.