Sbstudios

Re: Warping issue

Just to see where my printer sits for Temperature on this filament, I printed a Temp tower and it would not even extrude anything less than 200C. I reprinted the piece that I posted above using 205C as a temp and it made it worse. Not only did it come out with extra warping, it also came out rather porous.

Because this is PLA+ I am understanding that the temperature needs to be higher based on the other mixes that are built in to the filament. As a result, I figured that because the filament and adhesion failed at lower temps, higher temps might be the way to go. Afterall, thats the way the Troubleshooting guide explains it.

If you know of any other tips and tricks I might be able to implement, I would appreciate the help.
Sbstudios

Alright, I have attempted to decrease the temperature, and I am unable to print this PLA+ less than 205C without the piece I'm printing falling apart. I even raised the temperature of the extruder and the heated bed to try and make it sticks better, but its still causing the corners to come up from the build plate.

One thing I need to clarify: There is a brim and a raft, and the part is adhering to the raft perfectly fine! the part warps in the middle layers causing the whole thing to pull at the sides and it pulls even the raft up from the build plate

Every other part that I print has absolutely no problem sticking properly and warping is not an issue. Then I come to these miniature shelves and it causes nothing but warping problems. Any suggestions?
zemlin

When I was referring to too much heat, I meant everything except the nozzle temperature. Make sure you have all your cooling options at 100% and good air flow in/around the printer and the part.
Sbstudios

zemlin wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:09 pm When I was referring to too much heat, I meant everything except the nozzle temperature. Make sure you have all your cooling options at 100% and good air flow in/around the printer and the part.
I tried that as well, however, when that happens, it causes the print to go straight for the first ~150 layers, and then its far enough away from the heated bed that it starts to warp at that point and ultimately separates at layer ~125.

Do you have a solution for that issue? the Troubleshooting guide states to raise the ambient temperature. I've raised the ambient temperature to somewhere in the middle and I can't get the print to go straight.
dkightley

Please post a Factory File for the model you are having issues with. File menu===>Save Factory File

From the pictures you have posted, you have several issues that require resolution. I think you need to start from first principles....and work forward from there. For instance, from the fff data, I think you have the cooling fan permanently turned off. If so, that's a sure way of getting layer separation! But trying to diagnose from the fff is very clunky....and I help those who make it easy for me to help!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
petersmall

As a noob to 3D printing I had a bad warping problem that seemed impossible to fix. Then someone suggested rubbing a stick of Pritt over my glass plate (on an Ender 3). I did this and it seemed to make a hell of a mess on my plate. But, to my surprise it worked and the model came off easily and the Pritt easily washed off the glass plate using water. I use Pritt for every print now and haven't had any warping problems since.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”