carnufex

Temperatures are not changing with process.

Can I change extruder temperature using Starting/Ending layer heights in a process? I have created 4 processes with 4 different temperature settings and different Starting/Ending layer heights but only the initial temperature is set. It is as if the other processes with the different temperatures are ignored. Is there a way to change extruder temperature on the fly without editing the G-Code by hand?
brian442

Re: Temperatures are not changing with process.

I'm guessing that the layer setpoints you are putting in some of the processes aren't correct, but it would be easier to help if you posted your factory file
carnufex

brian442 wrote:I'm guessing that the layer setpoints you are putting in some of the processes aren't correct, but it would be easier to help if you posted your factory file
Thanks brian442. I made a mistake when looking for the M104s in the code. The temperatures **are** changing at the correct Z height. When reviewing my G-Code I was looking at the *layer height* and not the Z height. All is well, although I did have to change my M104s to M109s for my model. Is there a way for me to script this... have to check? FWIW, I used an openscad script, I got from thingiverse, to build a temperature test tower that increases temps every 1cm to find an optimum filament temp... thus the M109 instead of the M104.
Angus

I did have to change my M104s to M109s for my model
Have you tried the settings under Tools -> Firmware Configuration -> Tab 'FFF'?
RoboDLC

January 2020, this bug is still here. I just ran across it using two processes to, one for each extruder, which switch extruders part way up the part. Only the very first temperature is set, I have to manually change it. I will be adding some script work to properly do this.

Hopefully the 5.0 release fixes this long-standing bug.

DLC
D. Clark
Robotics and sensors engineer
And lots of other stuff for fun.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”