Codex404

Re: Paid upgrade For 2020 upcoming Version 5.0

peanut wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:30 am Ah, that one-year-upgrade thing is great. I really like the software, so if I have to buy the new version in a year that's fine :-)
I like the software, hate the company. They told me that when I bought it update 5.0 would be released within that 12 months period, so I would get the update for free. 13 months later and still no word on any update. Their customer support is worse than having no customer suppport. I really hope you stay happy with them in the coming year but I sincerely doubt it.
billyd

Kind sick of hearing about Prusa slicer. Go talk about it at a Prusa forum.
TPJensen

I did not get a update in my mail :( :( :(
TripleD

As my original purchase is about to reach the 12months, I hope the delay will add some extension for the free update.

I originally purchased this software as they work on a major update for the 2019 year, not somewhere in the 2020 or later!

As other software become more and more powerful, this will be very disapointing to have to pay for delay's they use for any purpose since months now.
TrajoMarx

Well, yesterday was my 1 year anniversary. I guess I'm SOL with my free upgrade. :(
plastmaska

I did not get any email
S3D-Chris

plastmaska wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm I did not get any email
The announcement was sent to the individual's email address that purchased the Simplify3D license. If that is not you that could be why you didn't receive it.

You can also use this link to update your email preferences to ensure you receive future email announcements.

The December Development Update also contains all the information found in the newsletter announcement.
mrdrennen

This new upgrade

I as well bought the software a long time ago. I remember seeing upgrades for life as well. But all that aside in the years I've used it I really haven't seen much difference after updates.

The main reason I bought it was for the support structure placement. Other than that there's not much here that isn't with most other slicers. I'm not trying to bust your balls I'm just being honest. Simple things as in wait between layers I've never found. It just scares me to buy the software again and find out it's basically the same thing with more printers added.

I'm used to software like Fusion 360. When they release features they are new features that make the software easier to use or much cooler. I just would like to know is there really going to be major changes that you don't get free with other companies?

I mean I'm glad to support you but I guess I kind of want a little bit of a bang for my buck. I'm still dealing with issues of tools not being saved. It seems like every time I load a new model I have to reset up the tool. I'm going on probably about 5 years now. I want to see changes like simple masking to change color in print location.

Or true three-dimensional printing. Other words if I'm printing a bridge with a slope I would like the final path to follow that slow on that bridge. Just to give it a cleaner look then just stepping it. These are the kind of things I think a lot of us guys look for and that's why we pay for software. Are any of these features going to be added to this new paid version?

I guess I'm just hoping I'll get more options for Tool paths. It would be nice if we can get some ability to do some camming with our lasers and attachments to are 3D printers. If you see what I mean. I'm all for supporting a company that's innovative but I don't want to buy generic stuff.

I hope nobody takes offense I'm not trying to offend anybody I'm just mentioning what I was expecting to see in the future with this product that I haven't seen yet. 4th and 5th axis would be nice. Wireless dashboard so we don't have to jump back and forth to octoprint or have our printers directly plugged in. Maybe these things aren't possible if not let me know and I'll be understanding.
PicoTreed

C_Birch81 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm And you think by removing posts that tell you home truths about how bad the company is run is going to help?
Maybe they don't know about screenshots and internet archive!

Anyway I really want to say that Simplify3D is a truly great piece of software! We are not complaining about the software itself, but about missed promises and the lack of transparency about updates!

Complaints usually comes from loyal users, not casual ones!
Last edited by PicoTreed on Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
C_Birch81

PicoTreed wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:31 am
C_Birch81 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm And you think by removing posts that tell you home truths about how bad the company is run is going to help?
Anyway I really want to say that Simplify3D is a truly great piece of software! We are not complaining about the software itself, but about missed promises and the lack of transparency about updates!

Complaints usually comes from loyal users, not casual ones!
Well by the fact my posts been removed again, its clear they don't care and don't want to listen or reply to subjects that matter, if only they where as fast to bring updates out and replying to stuff the community ask about than they are at removing posts that they don't like then it would be one then we would not be in this problem.

I recall a forum software company that started to try and control there community in the same manner and they was the leading forum software company, well guess what they are far from that now because of how they treated the community and paying users. Oh well its a shame.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”