peanut

Gradient Infill

Hi
CNC Kitchen just released a video where Stefan explains how he implemented "Gradient Infill". Unfortunetely no slicer implements it yet. This would be a really cool feature (and S3d would be the first to implement it).
He basically varies the flowrate from 25% to 300% depending on the distance to the outer perimeters...

The results are impressive.

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq53gsYREHU
S3D-Jake

Re: Gradient Infill

Wonderful request! This is very interesting idea. I'll watch this thread for more user interest.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
SenJos

This would be a very usefull addition!!! I hope it will come soon!!! :) :)
brashendeavours

Gradient infill would be a great addition!
arhi

+++++++++++
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
dkightley

This is the sort of thing that would make S3Dv5 a leader in slicing technology.....

My only fear at this stage is that unless the developers have been following new ideas and picked the idea up early, then its too late to be included in v5.

And we all know what some are bound to say …"!**@@@dy S3D! >The haven't included @@@!!!***&&%$£") in v5. They're a pile of ^^%$£"%&&*()&*^%£."

"You can only please some of the people some of the time! The rest.....ignore them! Whatever you do..or don't do...as far as they're concerned, you're in the wrong just be existing!"
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
S3D-Jake

Wow you guys really jumped on this one! We've not seen such a popular feature request in a just a few days like this in a while. I'll be sure to add a note for our team about how excited the community was to see this request.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
abc

This would literally improve my quality of life
SOLIDOODLE FOR LIFE.
arhi

S3D-Jake wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:30 pm jumped on this one

it's a superb idea, the first original one I heard in years... the gradient infill by gradually placing infill itself is a rather old idea (weird that no one did it) but this what Stefan suggests, gradually changing the flow from 300 to 20% - or better from X% to Y% is something I never hear anyone mentioning anywhere and is IMO really a gamechanger...
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
ae0mt

Add me to the interested list as well. Would love to see this as a feature in C3D.

Return to “Feature Requests”