While printing from Simplify3D, to a da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro, with the default provided profile, my prints would fail as the print would begin before the extruder was fully heated up.
Background:
I bought Simplify3D because it had a lot more to offer than the XYZware Pro software. Simplify3D states that the da Vinci Jr. 1.0 Pro is a SUPPORTED printer, however, it was not as plug and play as I was hoping for the cost of Simplify3D. When initially running the configuration assistant, and using the provided default profiles for my printer, I quickly ran into my prints failing simply because my printer wouldn't wait for the extruder to heat up, prior to starting the print. This was frustrating, simply because of how much I spent on Simplify3D.
Solution:
While searching the web, knowing that this issue had to be solvable via g-code, I quickly found many people who extracted the required headers from a 3w file. So, the solution became so clear and simple! Just add the following g-code to the "Processes > FFF Settings > Scripts > Starting Scripts" section:
Code: Select all
G21 ; set units to millimeters
M107 ; fan off
M193 T0 S0 ; set temp 0 degree C higher than default (Sx ranges from S-10 to S10)
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
G92 E0 ; zero extruder coordinatesWhile, some of these codes may not be necessary, I decided not to mess with it as my prints from Simplify3D are way better than I was able to get out of XYZWare Pro. On top of that, Simplify3D offers way more fine tuning when attempting to fix common printing issues. I am far happier now! Happy printing, and let me know if you have alternate / better solutions!