Totoleheros

Dual extrusion different infill percentage

I need to do a dual extrusion printing but with two distinct infill percentages (100% on the primary and 30% on the secondary extruder). How can I achieve this? It seems that the Dual Ext Group use the same profile with no way to set the infill percentage for each extruder. Am I missing something there?
S3D-Chris

Re: Dual extrusion different infill percentage

You can set a different infill percentage for each extruder! After using the dual extrusion wizard simply ungroup the process and set the infill percentage to what you want in each process.
sage2050

Just to piggyback on this, is there any way to use the dual extrusion wizard on a single model?
S3D-Jake

sage2050 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:19 pm Just to piggyback on this, is there any way to use the dual extrusion wizard on a single model?
Not currently. You can certainly still setup prints for dual extrusion on a single model. You only need goto the appropriate tab in process settings and change the extruder assigned to the feature you're trying to alter the extruder for. Also, it's a good idea to first have changed the auto configure extruders option to select all extruders for printing. This way your extruders will both begin heating at the start of your print.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Totoleheros

S3D-Chris wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 am You can set a different infill percentage for each extruder! After using the dual extrusion wizard simply ungroup the process and set the infill percentage to what you want in each process.
Got it, thank you very much!
Daniel-J

Convenient ability to control the operation of each extruder.
clintondiya

S3D allows you to use multiple processes for different print settings but I think it only works in vertical layers. In your example if you were to rotate that model

So, the blue part was on the print bed you could define a process to print 20% infill to a predetermined height then switch to 100% around the hole then back to 20% to top off the cube.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”