StealthPrint

Re: Paid upgrade For 2020 upcoming Version 5.0

muzzlitebeer wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:37 pm Well... I hope it's released before October 2020. That's when my 12 months expires.

Not looking very promising...
They are going to wait until there is one 1-year from the last purchase of S3D before they release it, so no one will get a free upgrade. Every time someone buys S3D the 1-year countdown resets.
clarkc055

I really like the software, so if I have to buy the new version
NIJITIDA

peanut wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:22 am So, in other words: I should return my newly bought license (I'm still in the 14 days trial period) while I still can and wait for version 5?
If it is solaceful to you, you are not alone!
deutchbag

If V5 has features I think I'll use, I will purchase it. I've enjoyed my fair share of free updates in the past.
Ret

@deutchbag I’m in the same boat as you. I will definitely buy it if I see enough features. Heck, I’d re-buy S3D if we received a good enough update. Nice name BTW

At this point, I’m skeptical on this V5 with the history of updates and unprofessionalism by S3D.

What I don’t think they understand is marketing and customer satisfaction. A 10 second video showing a half working new feature they’ve been working on would excite us all and keep our hopes up. We are loyal customers, I expect it to be reciprocated by S3D

I also worry if and when V5 comes out, all these “over 70 customer feature requests” will be dated and still behind other slicers. Maybe this new ”foundation” will allow them to add features more quickly and easier in the future.

I still use S3D for some applications but have switched to other slicers with features that cut print time and improve quality. I’d like to come back to S3D 100%.
SnowDrifter

So

Honestly

At this point. It's halfway through Feb with no word from the devs, who seem to consistently delete and tamper with comments to maintain some sort of public image. There's nothing that gives me faith about this stuff. Hose over paying customers with poor communication, lie by omission (deleting comments), and changing around comments. I've relied on S3D only because it let me adjust Z offset in the negative direction, which made it easy to level out an otherwise lame printer I have whose firmware doesn't allow for accurate leveling.

I was expecting and looking forward to 5.0. But at this point, I find myself in a genuine state of buyer's remorse. This software ain't cheap for the casual home gamer. It carries a premium price tag, for which I would between expect and demand a premium product. As it stands, S3D is undercut at nearly every angle from competitors who offer their software free of charge. I have genuine difficulty understanding, at this point, why it is even relevant.

I've well made up my mind that I will not be renewing my license. Frankly I wish I hadn't gotten it in the first place given the latest occurrences, but we're well past refund periods.

I'd say I wish the S3D devs the best going forward, but I'm not even sure they exist given that we've not gotten any updates on promised software that's quite late to delivery. Promising an update to foster buyers and funding then going dark? Maybe it's an exit strat. I don't know. Nonetheless, I don't see myself returning.

This comment has been screenshotted and I'll not take kindly to any tampering to it.
C_Birch81

Months later and can still not show anything they have been working on to show a paying community that they are in fact "working" on something and that is the main problem, if they still don't have anything to show now then it not looking good.

It's a real shame as like many who are unhappy have said we like the software but as a company you need to address your community better and stop acting like things don't get said.

People will be lurking and viewing this thread that might be temped to buy version 5 as they are new to 3d printing, they will see one day comments in this thread that are then gone the next and that looks more bad than the delay looks, even more so when they comments are not giving abuse but just stressing how things need to improve for your own benefits.
KeyboardWarrior

SnowDrifter wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:13 am So

Honestly

At this point. It's halfway through Feb with no word from the devs, who seem to consistently delete and tamper with comments to maintain some sort of public image. There's nothing that gives me faith about this stuff. Hose over paying customers with poor communication, lie by omission (deleting comments), and changing around comments. I've relied on S3D only because it let me adjust Z offset in the negative direction, which made it easy to level out an otherwise lame printer I have whose firmware doesn't allow for accurate leveling.

I was expecting and looking forward to 5.0. But at this point, I find myself in a genuine state of buyer's remorse. This software ain't cheap for the casual home gamer. It carries a premium price tag, for which I would between expect and demand a premium product. As it stands, S3D is undercut at nearly every angle from competitors who offer their software free of charge. I have genuine difficulty understanding, at this point, why it is even relevant.

I've well made up my mind that I will not be renewing my license. Frankly I wish I hadn't gotten it in the first place given the latest occurrences, but we're well past refund periods.

I'd say I wish the S3D devs the best going forward, but I'm not even sure they exist given that we've not gotten any updates on promised software that's quite late to delivery. Promising an update to foster buyers and funding then going dark? Maybe it's an exit strat. I don't know. Nonetheless, I don't see myself returning.

This comment has been screenshotted and I'll not take kindly to any tampering to it.
I've relied on S3D only because it let me adjust Z offset in the negative direction, which made it easy to level out an otherwise lame printer I have whose firmware doesn't allow for accurate leveling.
You should learn how to code, it would have saved you from making a 150$ purchase you didn't want to make. It's very easy to develop a script that opens a file and adjusts all of the Z values in your GCODE file.

This software ain't cheap for the casual home gamer
filthy

As it stands, S3D is undercut at nearly every angle from competitors who offer their software free of charge.
Giving out software for free aint a good long-term business model dawg.
jaymcd

Happy to pay for it. Looking forward to V5 . Simplify3d is still my go to for best quality prints - easier. I have tried Prusa, Kiss, Cura, Pathio, Ideamaker, and maybe some more. Simplify3d works for me. Seems intuitive to me and seems easier to find controls. I would like to see native and easy connection to Octoprint though.
arhi

jaymcd wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 pm I would like to see native and easy connection to Octoprint though.
one liner in post processing script will upload file to octoprint, or upload+start print
use either curl or gcodestat
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”