imsmooth

keep getting asked for activation code

I have an iMac and an old Sony Viao with Windows XP. On the latter, I keep getting asked for the activation code every time I run it. I solved this problem once before by opening the program as the Admin. Now that I tried to update the program I get asked for the code each time. I opened the program in RUN AS and used my Admin privileges. This still does not work.

Any suggestions? Does my code have to get reset?
shoptoylife

Re: keep getting asked for activation code

I upgraded on Sunday, ran it right away with no problems. Today I went to go print something and also was asked (again) for the activation code. Once I entered it I received a message saying I had too many active licenses and to deactivate...however the software never initialized and there's no way of deactivating it. Tried uninstalling & re-installing to no avail.

yarg!
Attachments
error.jpg
imsmooth

So what is one to do?
jimc

email support. i have seen thins happen a few times to people in the past. just send an email to s3d support and they will straighten it out.
imsmooth

Support has been completely useless. First, they say they've never heard of this. Then, they say to use the new version. I said in my initial contact this happened because of installing the new version; I'm using the old one now. Then they say maybe the new version isn't compatible with my older computer. I again say I'm using the older version. They then say to install the new one.

I ask them if they even read the email thread; otherwise, they would know we've discussed this. Four days later there isn't one suggestion from them what to do.

Useless. Unhelpful. Very frustrating.
jimc

there is really thing we can do here as users. in the past year i have only seen something like this posted maybe twice but it has to be handled by s3d as far as i know.
curious aardvark

bastard has just happened to me.
Working fine yesterday - clicked on it today. Asks for code and then tells me I need to deactivate.

Click on help and deactivate it says. But in order to do that I need to be able to access the program - which i can't.

This kind of thing is super annoying.

I'll try uinstalling and reinstalling.

Well that didn't change anything.

But I did discover that I had four versions loaded. And the last two asked If I wanted to deactivate them.
Said yes to both.

But still tells me I've used it on too many computers - only used it on this one.

Okay guess i'd better try emailing support :-)
curious aardvark

Got to admit I'm impressed.
Easter weekend, got a reply very quickly - reset and now it all works again :-)

Plus I think the problem is the fact that when they release a new version it doesn't uninstall the old version. So I ended up activating 4 versions on the same computer.
If the uninstaller asked if you wanted the old version uninstalled and deactivated before installing and activating the new one, probably fix the problem.

But hey, don't care what anyone else says I'm impressed with the support. Wasn't honestly expecting an answer untill tuesday at the earliest :-)
MFitz73

This problem has just happened to me. The only thing I have changed is my computer is now wirelessly connected to my router.
How do I fix this?
KeyboardWarrior

MFitz73 wrote:This problem has just happened to me. The only thing I have changed is my computer is now wirelessly connected to my router.
How do I fix this?
Running the program as administrator can help with this (assuming Windows). If that doesn't help, I'd recommend emailing support.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”