nerys

Re: 3D movement view Bug Unwanted PAN motion mixed in with Rotate Motion

They found a workaround for the problem for me

Go to tools options visualization and change it to compatibility mode instead of automatic and that fixed it for me no more vertical shift when I rotate on a fixed point
SteveIsHeer

That work-around fixes the unwanted panning of the model for me as well so it appears the "Automatic" setting is bugged
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!
SteveIsHeer

Correction on this work around... After some trials, it appears the work around doesn't completely fix this. If you zoom in on the model to say add supports then the issue of panning is still there but much less than it is when the Automatic setting is checked.
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!
wirlybird

I tried this as well and it made no real difference.
LilSin

Same problem for me. Its a real pain if I have to zoom in a lot. and want to look around the point I zoom into.
Rotation seems to stay fixed on the center of the build surface instead of the place the zoom view is centered.
Which I assume would be a normal way zoom would function.
jhenley01

Also having the issue, makes it very difficult to view models up close.
spineytoad

Is there any progress on this? I have been putting up with the object rotating out of the screen when I zoom in on a small portion, then I need to drag around until I find where it went off to. There should be an option to keep the zoom center in the center as we rotate it.
thanks
ijwoo1

I can add my frustration to the list. It's a really annoying, fundamental bug that would have been pretty obvious in QA. Mac 10.15.2 and Simplify3d 4.1.2

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”