themrcaveman

Re: Paid upgrade For 2020 upcoming Version 5.0

OMG...............
themrcaveman

Remove your email adress not realy smart so smack that online
zerofear

Over the years I have seen many business go under or destroy their reputation. All from lack of communication. Most customers don't like to hear bad news, but would rather hear SOMETHING over silence. Personally I would rather they came on here and said it is going to be another year than to just ignore everyone and remain silent. I wouldn't be happy about it, but at least it would be information. This lack of information well past an expected release time frame is neglect and borderline malicious on their part. A company that does that doesn't deserve peoples business. There is no call for it. It takes a whole 5 minutes or less to send out an update.

My guess. This company is either going under (if it isn't already), or their newest version is in such horrible shape they are embarrassed to mention anything about it. They know it won't be worth an upgrade fee.

But while silence remains, speculation continues.

I will be moving on soon to another slicer. If I have to take the time to learn and figure out a new slicer, I won't be switching back. I refuse to give my business to a company that treats its customers in this fashion.

-Scott-
SnowDrifter

At least you got a response. They never replied to me.

So really their response to you could be summed up as: "Sorry we missed our commitment, you will have the option to purchase the upgrade instead"

Does that sound accurate?

I'm half tempted to call my bank at this point and see if there's anything that can be done to get my money back. have 7 days until the magic date passes to where I can no longer entertain that.

Sorry but paying for a product that results in a company ceasing support in all forms isn't what I signed up for.
RealityTake2

wallabear78 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 pm well I finally got a response from S3D from and e-mail I sent almost a MONTH ago I am sharing the response with you . . .

Hello Walter,
We are working on finalizing the release and will provide more info on pricing and availability when V5 is ready. We hope you will be pleased with the new features and confident that you have the best software for your printing needs.
<snip>
So... a response but absolutely no more information than what is already out there. Awesome. If I knew then what I know now I would not have purchased.
gwhite

I just did a search on "simplify3d bankruptcy" and came up empty, so if they've folded, they did it REALLY quietly. Also, "bankruptcy" isn't a very precise term. There's Chapter 11 & Chapter 7, depending on how bad things are & whether they are giving up or just looking for some temporary relief from creditors. For example, the maker of Lulzbot printers just went through some major upheavals but appears to have been rescued.
reddadsteve

For what it's worth, here is a writeup on V5 status in the Fabbaloo blog on April 8, 2020:

https://www.fabbaloo.com/blog/2020/4/8/ ... on-the-way
gwhite

It's not worth much. Lots of noise about how wonderful it's going to be, and not ONE scrap of real information on features, release date, or pricing. It's nice to know they are still alive, but it's no better than all the other "announcements" about version 5 we've been getting for the last year.

At the end of January last year (almost 15 months ago), they said "Stay tuned for more information about the exciting new features and upgrade pricing later in the year as we get closer to the release of Version 5.0." Well, I've stayed tuned, and I haven't heard anything about the new features, OR about pricing.

I'm getting to the point where I don't care how wonderful Version 5.0 will be. As far as communications goes, S3D has been treating their customers like dirt for far too long, and I don't like supporting that behavior. We shouldn't have to hear that the company is alive & well and going to come out with Version 5.0 (someday) from a 3rd party blog.

I've been dealing with computer software since punch cards and FORTRAN, and I have NEVER dealt with a company that is so completely abysmal at communicating with their customers (you know, those guys who pay the bills?)...
warzyd

Do you think guys they just stopped working on new version and it won't never be released? Honestly, this is very weird they do answer and just ignore their paid customers :(
FastMaster

Also negative talk that updates will never happen isn't helping anybody and not based on facts.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”