Dubcuda

Flash Forge Creator 3 File Preview

How can i get Simplify3d to show a pic of the file to be printed on the printer's touch screen from the USB drive? All it shows is a paper icon with a g on it
dronefpvracer

Re: Flashforge Creator3

Hi,

Thanks for the different information provided here.

I also possess a creator 3 and having trouble with simplifiy3D and dual color print in simplify.

It starts well, but at every tool change, I'm having an issue just before the back and forth wiping, we can here a noticable noise (like the Y axis "forcing" to the wiping), and it result on a layer shift at nearly every tool change.

I tried removing lines from the tool change script without success.

If anybody have any clue or idea of what's happening it would be really nice.

pairair

dronefpvracer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:54 am Hi,

I also possess a creator 3 and having trouble with simplifiy3D and dual color print in simplify.

It starts well, but at every tool change, I'm having an issue just before the back and forth wiping, we can here a noticable noise (like the Y axis "forcing" to the wiping), and it result on a layer shift at nearly every tool change.

Same issue here on the Creator 3. See picture

/Pär
Attachments
IMG_0823.jpg
BubbleDeluxe21

dronefpvracer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:54 am Hi,

I also have the exact same issue. Has anyone found a solution to this in the meantime?

I tried removing the whole tool change script as well as all the retraction, priming etc. commands so I was left with pure print commands and the tool change command M108 T0 or T1. Did that with both S3D and Flashprint. The exact same M108 command seems to cause an issue when it comes from S3D, but not when it comes from Flashprint.

I made an Imgur Album with example videos with and without the issue and a picture of the layer shift.

Any helps/tips/FFF profiles/G-codes are appreciated, this is driving me nuts! :?
BubbleDeluxe21

Update for the sake of documentation:

I just found out something very interesting this moment. In my desperation, I downgraded the firmware even more, to version 1.0.9 155 VC1.1.1 20190809 from this page linked on the official German Flashforge website and this one actually worked! No clunk, no layer shift. This one just spews out filament like crazy on every tool change, but that's another issue I guess. The actual print did work, the layers were perfectly aligned.

There is also version 1.1.0 in between the two I tried, but this seems to be an incomplete file on the website as it's only 2MB and the printer didn't recognize it.

So there seems to be something that changed between version 1.0.9 and 1.2.2 (and is still present in 1.2.3) that causes this issue. Finding out what that could be is obviously way out of my league though.

I'll send that insight to the support people from S3D and FF I'm dealing with though, I hope they can do something with it.
BubbleDeluxe21

Yet another update: Firmware version 1.1.0 works fine too. The problem seems to have been introduced with version 1.2.2.

The printer can't be downgraded straight to 1.1.0 with the packages in the link above. It first has to be rolled back to 1.0.9 and then upgraded to 1.1.0.

I'm sticking to this version for the time being until the issue will hopefully be fixed.
splarv

dronefpvracer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:54 am

I had layer shift when I set the travel speed too high. On 150 such shift often, on 128 rare, but exists. All profiles from FlashPrint have the travel speed 80mm/s.
casey_jones

I have had the same issue of a Y shift at each tool change and a clunk noise.
I compared the simplify3d gcode and the flashprint and tried several things.

What has worked for me is to change the start code in the 'addtional terminal commands' area in the script start area.
I changed the values of the M118 command as follows.
{PREPEND "M118 X45.50 Y35.50 Z[build_size_z] T0 T1\n"}

It has worked for me and now there is no noise and no layer shifting with the two color prints.
I do not know what the M118 codes are but these were the values used in flashprint.
psignor

Hi,

I just bought a Flashforge Creator3.
I ask you if there is news about call pads generations in Simplify3d in dual extruder duplicate mode.
I am experiencing with the same issues posted in this topic.

Thanks.
psignor

I think to have the solution for Creator 3 Duplicate mode on Simplify3d.
As we know the problem is the "calpad".
I found that Calpad is GCODE that reppresents Raft, but it's commented.
The printer, when in duplicate mode, must be adjust the height of the two extruders, so on the higher extruder build a raft plane to compensate the difference.
Obviusly the Slicer can not know this value, so Flashprint make a raft, but commented with ";:"

I wrote to Simplify3d staff, but at now they don't want develop this feature .
So I have found this simple solution, but a little tricky.

You must generate the GCODE from Flashprint using the same STL used on Simplify, and then copy the GCODE (using Notepad for example) from: ";calPad A start" to ";calPad SB end" .
Then you must open Simplify 3d and paste it in the end of "Starting Scripts" session.

This operation must be repeated every new object I want to print.

In this way, the GCODE is generated by Simplify 3d, but it have the right calpad on the GCODE.

Return to “Feature Requests”