jbalat

Cant Find T-Rex3 profile in 4.1 latest version

Hi the release notes for 4.1 show that the T-Rex3 is now supported but I cannot find it. Is there something I need to do ?
Thanks
John B
ParzivalR

Re: Cant Find T-Rex3 profile in 4.1 latest version

Hello!

I think my answer is a little late.

In case a printer appears in the list of Printers Supported by Simplify3D (https://www.simplify3d.com/software/supported-printers/) but does not allow to select it in the Software Assistant, you must go to the following link https://www.simplify3d.com/software/che ... atibility/, enter the name of your printer, select it from the list of options and on the next page, when it says that the printer is compatible, click on "contact us" below to send a message directly to the support. They will respond to you by email, sending you the corresponding profile.

0003.png

Regards!
archester

Hey jbalat!

How is it going with your Trex 3? When I was looking for a large-scale device (still looking for it but eventually decided for a Big60 V3), some people recommended me both the Vivedino Trex 3.0 and Raise3D Pro 2 Plus. Raise3D was not new to me, but I never heard about Vivedino before, so I was not sure if it was worth its price in terms of build quality, support, etc. However, the IDEX technology keep tempting me.

Now, I'm really curious about its performance :)
walkstep

I bought the T Rex 3.0 as my first 3D printer a couple of months ago and have printed about 100 prints with PLA with great success and lately with PETG. The PETG began adhering too strongly to the PEI surface so I need to work on managing the surface better.

The printer is extremely accurate through the calibration process and prints. It printed the benchy file it came with beautifully with no strings and only a couple of tiny bumps on the hull.

The company is very responsive with communication. I just received the latest upgrade kit that adds the TMC2209 steppers and removable flex plate surfaces that are standard with the latest version.

IDEX is a harder to manage and less supported which is why I found this post. I always set the appropriate IDEX mode now if I plan to do anything with the second extruder to prevent head crashes (learned behavior :shock: ).

The T Rex is such a big printer and as close to industrial quality for the price that you are really getting two large durable printers in one. I am printing scale model wind turbine parts that take 10 to 15 hours each and printing two at a time. Quality components, large size and dual extruders are why I chose it.
SweHogelid

Hi,

Sorry for writing all this but this is my experience and opinion;

I bought a T-Rex 3.0 8months ago. At first I was happy with it but over time I noticed that it required constant adjustments and the extruder was a total joke. After I measured and set the correct E-steps (they where way off) I began dial in all settings but after a while, say 4 hours or so, I had to re-adjust the multiplier and so it continued. I blame the extruder for being to weak. I tried to fit a Bondtech extruder to it but I couldn't figure out how to fit it because the X-carriage was too high.

I have not seen a Vivendino raptor my self but from the looks of it it's very much the same as a T-rex. ALL of the points Thomas points out in this video I found to be true about my T-rex 3.0 as well. See link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDxpVSXmKiE

If I had been smarter I would have wondered a bit more about why there is so little to find about the T-rex 3.0 out there. A search on youtube gave I think 3 hits (that actually where about a T-rex 3.0)

My advice is run and never look at it again!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”