Bernhard

Re: Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rap

Hello,

New to the forum and have only been using S3D for a few weeks now. So far love it on my cubepro duo and Trio. Yes I have 2 of these machines! The S3D slicer has made these very usable machines! Now on to my question. When I print a part using duel extrusion (extruder 1 Nylon extruder 2 PVA) Both nozzles are always hot causing a lot of oozing. Also cooking the PVA in the nozzle when doing a 7 hour print can cause some clogging for sure! Is there a way in Simplify3d to set the extruder that is not currently printing to an idle temperature? I am guessing this must be handled with some custom G code in scripts.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bernhard

PS I have attached the material codes and print temperatures for Nylon flex wood and INF. Hope this helps someone out!
CubePro material codes.xlsx
CubePro material codes and temperatures
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
brian442

It would probably help to create a separate topic for your question instead of posting in this long 17 page thread..
hashish

How do I deal with the PNG preview file when encoding?

I am running firmware 2.0, I can create a .bfb in S3D and encode it. But when I load it via the USB I get an "INVALID FILE FORMAT ERROR". The Cubepro can see the encoded .cubepro file but can't load it. In the preview spot, just a generic pic shows up.

Any help would be appreciated, I hate the cubepro slicer. Its so bad, and I really want to use S3D with this printer.

I may have to replace the brains with an open source controller, but that's a long difficult road. TIA!
TonyHanza

Hey hi all of you.

What do I need to do to slice for CubePro with Simplify3D 4.0?

I am owning orginal cartriges but I wanna, obviously, go with slicing of Simplify, cuz CubePro slicer sux.

Thank you in advance,

Tony
rkek001

Re: Tip of the Day 30 - Using 3DTouch, CubeX,CubePro and Rapman

WTF!!! 404 for the links:(

Simplify3D advertises CubePro compatibility - but I can't generate build files that the CubePro can understand. How does that make Simplify3D "Compatible" with the CubePro?

I have spent 2 hours searching through pages of posts and "advice" with no success. If there were a bfb to cubepro converter available, I can't find it. Furthermore if Simplify3D advertises compatibility, why don't they build it into their software? They don't even have a download available for it!!

This amounts to FALSE ADVERTISING and could be prosecuted by someone so-inclined. For me, I'll just have to be satisfied with a full refund.

Disgruntled paying customer....
DarthRevan

rkek001 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:14 pm WTF!!! 404 for the links:(

Simplify3D advertises CubePro compatibility - but I can't generate build files that the CubePro can understand. How does that make Simplify3D "Compatible" with the CubePro?

I have spent 2 hours searching through pages of posts and "advice" with no success. If there were a bfb to cubepro converter available, I can't find it. Furthermore if Simplify3D advertises compatibility, why don't they build it into their software? They don't even have a download available for it!!

This amounts to FALSE ADVERTISING and could be prosecuted by someone so-inclined. For me, I'll just have to be satisfied with a full refund.

Disgruntled paying customer....

I'd suggest checking the link in this post:
Mythandar wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:08 am I don't know if everyone is aware of this but there's a much faster alternative to CodeX now. It's not my project but I heard about it here or on another forum.

https://github.com/fritzw/cube-utils

It says on the GitHub page how to use it. It truly is as fast as it says.

It's always worked for me. If you've tried that utility and get issues let us know what specific issue you're seeing, as maybe someone on this thread has seen it before and can help.
UnisonJason

Does anyone have a link that is active these are dead links.
UnisonJason

This does not work on the newest version of S3D
UnisonJason

You got me back up and running!!! thank you sir.
OakLea

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but it's the closest topic I can find.
I recently acquired a CubeX Duo printer and I'm using (or trying) Simplify3D 4. It seems like it would work, but my question is, how would go about adding a heatbed temperature? Since the CubeX didn't have a heat bed the Simplify3D profile doesn't have that feature. BUT, I am planning to add one to it.
So, is there any way to modify the profile to include this feature?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”