xRezzurect

Can't connect to Dreamer NX

I just received the dreamer NX as a gift and downloaded flashprint. after seeing how trash that software was I decided to look around for a slicer that would work. I tried cura to no avail as it had no support for any flash forge model. then I found simplify3d, I bought the license and downloaded it but now for the life of me can't get it to connect via USB to the printer. I'm using. a Mac and it connects through the flashprint fine but won't through simplify. not to mention the only dreamer profile in simplify is for the original dreamer not the NX which has only one print nozzle.

when I type listdevices in the machine control panel I see the printer as a device but it does not appear in the drop down menu as one I can select. reference the screenshot to see what I mean.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 12.04.47 AM.png
xRezzurect

Re: Can't connect to Dreamer NX

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
xRezzurect

Someone. Anyone. Please help. I have someone who needs me to print stuff for them I don’t want to let them down as they are family. Any help would be amazing.
xRezzurect

bump this once more.
dkightley

Looking at the log I get the impression that you're trying to connect the printer via bluetooth, using USB as the means of connecting the bluetooth dongles....and I'm not sure if S3D has been set up to utilize bluetooth.

IF you are trying to connect this way, I suggest you use a USB cable and see if you get a connection that way.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
xRezzurect

dkightley wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:27 pm Looking at the log I get the impression that you're trying to connect the printer via bluetooth, using USB as the means of connecting the bluetooth dongles....and I'm not sure if S3D has been set up to utilize bluetooth.

IF you are trying to connect this way, I suggest you use a USB cable and see if you get a connection that way.
no i had the printer directly connected through USB the two bluetooth things that are there are my earbuds and keyboard i had connected that picked up as devices.
xRezzurect

And before it gets said yes i have tried SD but the SD card gets corrupted somewhere between being ejected from mac and inserted into printer
S3D-Alex

We have not had a chance to test this machine so I can probably not help much with the USB connection issue at this time. Can you let me know what issues you are having when using the SD card though? I may be able to assist with these.
xRezzurect

S3D-Alex wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:29 am We have not had a chance to test this machine so I can probably not help much with the USB connection issue at this time. Can you let me know what issues you are having when using the SD card though? I may be able to assist with these.
I fixed the SD card yesterday i bought a new SD card and that fixed the SD issue. the SD i was using before was a chinese no label clone from my anycubic delta printer i got rid of.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”