ctbram

BUG in CR-10S Pro start script!

I do not know why no one has reported this but it has me about to take a hammer to the printer!!!

The start script for the CR-10s pro is BROKEN!!!!

It does the G28, then the G29 and ends at the back right corner.

Then moves the head all the way to the left front corner.

Then moves to the center of the build plate and does the wipe towards the front of the build plate so ...

1. I have the wipe in the middle of my print
2. the thing is moving from back to front so you cannot scrape the thing off or see the wipe at all as it is BEHIND the print hea]d!

I have the latest version of the creality firmware installed 1.70.1.

Here is the script:

G28 ; home all axes
G29 ; auto-bed level
G1 Z5 F3000 ; lift
G1 X5 Y10 F1500 ; move to prime <---- it does not go here! It goes to the front left corner then moves to the middle of the bed
G1 Z0.2 F3000 ; get ready to prime
G92 E0 ; reset extrusion distance
G1 Y80 E10 F600 ; prime nozzle <---- then does this!!!!! Moving from the middle towards the front of the bed!!!!
G1 Y100 F5000 ; quick wipe

If I take the G29 out then it works correctly of if I put another g28 after the g29 but then I wipe all my bed leveling db!!!!

WTF is wrong?>>??"???

It is makeing me INSANE!!!!
S3D-Alex

Re: BUG in CR-10S Pro start script!

The gcode here seems correct. It is always tough to diagnose a situation when a printer simply does not follow the gcode it receives. I would suggest putting a G28 X Y after the G29 to make your printer home the X and Y axes again. The coordinates in the starting script are in absolute so it admittedly does not make much sense that the printer would think the center of the bed 'becomes home' after the auto-leveling routine.
jeand

I would suggest putting a G28 X Y after the G29
Be aware a G28 will erase previous G29 results.
At least in Marlin 1.19.
There is a parameter in Configuration.h, line 987, commented by default.

/**
* Normally G28 leaves leveling disabled on completion. Enable
* this option to have

restore the prior leveling state.
*/
//#define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28
S3D-Alex

jeand wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:56 am
I would suggest putting a G28 X Y after the G29
Be aware a G28 will erase previous G29 results.
At least in Marlin 1.19.
There is a parameter in Configuration.h, line 987, commented by default.

/**
* Normally G28 leaves leveling disabled on completion. Enable
* this option to have

restore the prior leveling state.
*/
//#define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28
I believe this is only true for a standard G28 or G28 Z. The G28 X Y should not override the G29 leveling data to my knowledge but I could be mistaken. If it does then I would suggest entering G1 X0 Y0 after your G29.
roboeye

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
will adding G28 and M420 S work better?
M420 S restores the leveling:

"G28 disables bed leveling. Follow with M420 S to turn leveling on, or use RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28 to automatically keep leveling on after G28."
S3D-Alex

We do have a bit of an update on this. I posted this elsewhere but I will put it here as well. It seems like the auto-leveling function on this machine basically just puts a G29 in automatically but the issue is that it gets sent at irregular times. This results in the starting script being split up and causing this weird issue.

I would suggest removing the G29 from your starting script and also turning off the auto leveling feature on your machine. The printer will still do a Z probe in the middle of the bed every print and set a general z offset but won't do the entire routine. This mesh is still stored in the EEPROM of the printer, so it will be loaded before the print. This means you will get the benefit of the auto leveling without having to run this routine every print.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”