SpeedyDad

Set Prime Pillar distance

I did a search and didn't find this.

I'd like to see an option to set the distance the prime pillar prints from the model.

My printer is multi-extrusion using an E3D Chimera. I use clips to hold the glass to the heatbed and the pillar prints all the way at the edge of the bed. The second extruder usually hits the clips when printing big objects. If I could move the pillar in closer, this would solve this problem.
yonkiman

Re: Set Prime Pillar distance

A little late to help the OP, but for anyone else... The trick I use to move the prime pillar is to place a 1-layer high small object between what I'm printing and where I want the prime pillar. Combined with the prime pillar's compass settings, I can put it pretty much wherever I want on the bed.
Snerkles

Thank you. I would like to see in future Simplify 3d versions that you could move the pillar. I just did a simple block on my printer, earlier, and it would have turned out beautiful but it didn't because the pillar attached itself to the block. I will be implementing putting a spacer between the pillar and the object I print from now on.
S3D-Jake

Great feature request and a great workaround!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Profkanz

I agree that prime pillar location should customizable in X and Y. My other slicers allow this and it is VERY useful to have.
Juli

Unfortunately I still can not find the function in version 5.0. I still have to use a spacer object. :(

Return to “Feature Requests”