A lot of bugs

Hi All,

Simplify3d is a nice 3D software, but I find every day a new bug. :shock:

The bug list until today.

Machine Control Panel:
- Fan runs with 55%, the panel say nothing
- change fan speed on control panel, no way back to the automatic mode
- Extruder is powered off, the "LED" is on
- if you use the "Pause" button and use the "Extrude" x mm, the system reset this actions. This is only correct for X, Y, Z and not for E.

Slicing:
- if the STL-file have inside triangle areas (not complete or right merged objects), slicer have a problem. This object is not printable with S3D.
see the attached file

I found a lot of files with the same problem.

Have every one found the same bugs/problems?

Regards
Stephan
Attachments
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:249213
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:249213
jimc

Re: A lot of bugs

im a little fuzzy on some of the items in your list but #1 and #3 i know i have no problem with. #2 i dont what you mean by automatic mode. there is no automatic mode for the fan. either set it where you want it in the process or use the slider. all it does is send the proper M code. i have no issue with this one. #4 i have never tried. for #5, the slicing......if there is a problem with the model then that of course isnt the slicer's fault. you need a proper error free model. unfortunately many of the models on thingiverse are poor and have errors.
KeyboardWarrior

Machine Control Panel:
- Fan runs with 55%, the panel say nothing
- change fan speed on control panel, no way back to the automatic mode
- Extruder is powered off, the "LED" is on
- if you use the "Pause" button and use the "Extrude" x mm, the system reset this actions. This is only correct for X, Y, Z and not for E.

Slicing:
- if the STL-file have inside triangle areas (not complete or right merged objects), slicer have a problem. This object is not printable with S3D.
see the attached file

-When you adjust the fan slider, you are "injecting" a command to the fan, it's still in automatic mode, but you are temporarily changing the value

-To preheat the extruder, you press it once to turn it on, and then once to set the value .

-I'm not sure what you mean by system resets this actions. If you're familiar with virtual positions of extruders. When you pause it, after doing extrudes/retracts, type in G92 E0 into the Communications log before resuming, this will reset the virtual position of the extruder and depending on the print give more accurate results.
Last edited by KeyboardWarrior on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndersE

It does not slice correctly for me either. Tried with different nozzle sizes and extrusion widths and layer heights.
All slices but there are empty triangles in the bottom.

There are errors according to netfabb, but it won't repait it. after repair it is the same when reloaded into s3d.

KeyboardWarrior wrote:
-I went on the thingiverse link and downloaded/sliced it, didn't see any immediate issues, it looked like it would of printed just fine. Can you be more specific?
PrCTRL

Gentlemen,

rubbish IN creates rubbish OUT - this is exactly the case
I spent some time to download the gear and found that there are 2 bodies in the STL after I loaded it into netfabb .... both are with warnings !!
after two clicks the two parts where repaired and a few additional clicks they where combined to one and exported.
sliced in a few seconds - result perfect -
I suggest you should spend some time in the quality checking of the STL when running into slicing issues :)

have fun.

Gerhard
Last edited by PrCTRL on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
KeyboardWarrior

AndersE wrote:It does not slice correctly for me either. Tried with different nozzle sizes and extrusion widths and layer heights.
All slices but there are empty triangles in the bottom.

There are errors according to netfabb, but it won't repait it. after repair it is the same when reloaded into s3d.

KeyboardWarrior wrote:
-I went on the thingiverse link and downloaded/sliced it, didn't see any immediate issues, it looked like it would of printed just fine. Can you be more specific?
I actually thought the model had a different configuration, didn't realize it was solid. Now seeing this, I edited my post
TenKOhms

Like jimc said, the problem is most likely with the model. I think anytime I've seen an "error" in slicing, it's from a poorly made model. For example, a lot of exported blender files I've seen have issues with missing/duplicate triangles.

I downloaded the model and did a quick look at it and saw two suspect things right off the bat. First, in the ASCII stl file, you can see the model is actually separated into two different models, a center piece and an outer piece. Also, as you can see with a cross section view of the model, there's a lot of intersecting triangles close to the center of the model:
Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 9.16.41 AM.png

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”