newbpwnr

Feature request: an update to my software

It's been a year and a half since you updated your software.
steuned

Re: Feature request: an update to my software

they're gonna pass it on to their non existent development team
3DWP

+1 :roll:
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl
S3D-Jake

newbpwnr wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:32 pm It's been a year and a half since you updated your software.
This is true. Was there a particular feature you were interested in seeing in our next update?

Also, +1
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
3DWP

What I am hoping for is a setting where the distance of (dense) support is measured in actual mm in stead of layers: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10231&p=48925#p48925

When I print something with 0.3 mm layers a 1 layer gap of 0.3 mm is just too much..

And also a setting of a perimeter around support (I know this already as ''stable support''): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13503&p=53049#p53049

That strengthens the supprt structures, Zortrax and Tiertime have this option in their closed dedicated software.
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl
S3D-Jake

3DWP wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 am What I am hoping for is a setting where the distance of (dense) support is measured in actual mm in stead of layers: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10231&p=48925#p48925

When I print something with 0.3 mm layers a 1 layer gap of 0.3 mm is just too much..

And also a setting of a perimeter around support (I know this already as ''stable support''): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13503&p=53049#p53049

That strengthens the supprt structures, Zortrax and Tiertime have this option in their closed dedicated software.
Thanks for the constructive input. Those both sound like wonderful additions that a ton of users would appreciate. Also they're feature requests that already exist. So I'll mark down your interest in our tracking system.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
steuned

S3D-Jake wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 am Thanks for the constructive input. Those both sound like wonderful additions that a ton of users would appreciate. Also they're feature requests that already exist. So I'll mark down your interest in our tracking system.
HAHAHAHA. RIGHT. AND THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED BY BRAZILIANS. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
newbpwnr

S3D-Jake wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:51 pm
newbpwnr wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:32 pm It's been a year and a half since you updated your software.
This is true. Was there a particular feature you were interested in seeing in our next update?

Also, +1
Many. A lot of new printers have released to the market since April 2019. Current firmware profiles for all that would be great for starters. And all the new infill and surface techniques that cura has. And well I paid a good amount of coin for this software. I kind of expect them to come up with some innovation on their own too.
doug_scott

Since v5 is still no where in site, can the developers not just take a couple of days to add the easy to code new features to the current version? For example, it would be great to be able to see why the print job just stopped dead while not showing "verbose" logging. Or maybe add a filter so the user can choose what to see? Or the easiest of all, have the logging output to a text file. Anyone that has tried to do an autotune PID has likely run into missing the finish of the autotune because they did not happen to see it finish, and by the time they notice it has been flushed from the very small buffer. Perhaps explain to the developers that logging to a text file will make their job easier, no more issues with incorrect memory allocation.

Forgot, don't say it is already on the list, I am not asking about the mythical v5, I am asking about the current live product that is still being sold.

Return to “Feature Requests”