PicoTreed

It's always a great day for asking about V5!

Hi all, how are you?
the sun is shining, V4.1.2 is great but we would like to see the V5.

Have a nice day! :-)
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
Chappy1978

Re: It's always a great day for asking about V5!

Yes I love Simplify 3D but its is looking dated I have been using it since 2016 and had a great time. Once in a while, when I use Cura Im a little shocked how dated S3D is looking. The UI is difficult to navigated in Comparison to Cure. And it would be nice to finally have a true OctoPrint interface. Making a plugin in to merge them would be trivial and Im sure help sell more licenses. The slicer is hand down the best, now is time to focus more on the packaging. I wouldn't even have an issue with paying for version 5. Ive gotten my moneys worth.
Thank You S3D team for all your hard work. We do appreciate your hard work.

J
ritgrad83

I am witnessing a lot of chatter in Facebook groups for Creality users that they think S3D is dying or dead and moving to Cura or Netfabb. What's happening with you S3D - Any new developments?
PicoTreed

Hi,
I think that S3D is still great for professional use, and I do not embrace the line of thinking which leads to change for the sake of change.
Anyway in the last years are emerged a lot of useful functions (ex. gyroid infill) and new print strategies, it would be nice to see them implemented in a new S3D version.

But the long silence by the developers means only one thing: don't expect anything new, S3D will die or is (will be) acquired by some big company, leading to the same result.

Print happy while you can, and be prepared to switch to a different slicer!
R&D for 3D printers, materials & software.
joesoap583

Although given the competition which now exists I can understand the reluctance of releasing S3D v5, it is a pity they don't change tack and offer an S3D library instead. That way developers could design and implement their own GUI.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”