Omikron

Re: OK, Time to Start Yet Another "Where is Version 5? " Thread

Glasofruix wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:35 am I just don't understand the total lack of communication going on here. I mean throw us a bone, show us those super duper new "killer features" in some videos/gifs/pics that should be enough for people to wait. Instead we got silence and a promise of some kind of paid upgrade, no wonder people think s3d is dead. Prusa slicer just added a bunch of nails to the coffin and they're getting the showels ready.

I mean even star citizen folks like to throw a "we will show you features that will never be released" party from time to time.
Yeah, the continued COMPLETE and utter lack of ANY information, features, etc is really glaring.
smoki3

So after a long time of using S3D I finally switched to PrusaSlicer beginning of last year. And they made so much improvement over the time. Finally mit the lastest 2.3 the implemented some breakthrough features as monotonic infill. The print quality is so crazy.

So I don't care now about a v5 of S3D.
ByteSlinger

I've always argued for S3D.
On forums, and Facebook groups when people asked why would you bother spending $150 on something that you can get free elsewhere I'd always tell them that it's worth it because S3D just performs better and has better features.

When they came to me and started explaining that all these free slicers now have advanced features that S3D doesn't begin to approach, I explained that S3D probably doesn't need half of them because the results are just so good, and that the user interface is so nice.

But now, this is just a joke. Almost 2 years since the last update came out, and free slicers are lightyears ahead of this.

Sorry S3D, even 6 months ago I'd have probably been prepared to pay a full $150 again for V5 but now, unless you really do do something mindblowing, I'm out. You guys messed up and you messed up big!
inventabuild

S3D UPDATE? WHEN? Over 2 Years and 2 Months Since Last Update

Is S3D planning on releasing an update? It's been over 2 years and 2 months since the last update.

A few years back S3D had a big head start over the competition, but over the last couple years I've seen another slicer, PursaSlicer, emerging to become a flagship slicer that's getting frequent updates with great new features and improved toolpaths to create ever stronger and more aesthetically pleasing prints.

Please advise if S3D is done developing their software.
newbpwnr

Re: S3D UPDATE? WHEN? Over 2 Years and 2 Months Since Last Update

They have been claiming to have a version 5 coming for over a year now with no details.
TomOH

This "company" is done - move on, there will be nothing coming from here anymore.
Omikron

Still more weeks...still more silence...
tobyCwood

Ya know... I bet....

Someone talked them into going SaaS!
YUP! That HAS to be it!
I bet they no longer sell it as a stand alone licensed app and instead LEECH US $$$ EVERY MONTH!!
billyd

tobyCwood wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:57 pm Ya know... I bet....

Someone talked them into going SaaS!
YUP! That HAS to be it!
I bet they no longer sell it as a stand alone licensed app and instead LEECH US $$$ EVERY MONTH!!
That's already been rumored and makes sense since they completely revamped their shop and network in a recent communication from the company.

Of course if they do that I will exit immediately and go to a free slicer. I would imagine almost everyone will.
gwhite

After waiting all this time for an upgrade, I'm still OK with paying for it IF it is all it should be after all this time. I have now also had plenty of time to get PrusaSlicer working as a backup. I still prefer S3D, but if they go to a subscription system, I'm out of here...

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”