Heisenberg61

[SOLVED] Cant connect Simplify3D to my Anycubic Chiron

Hi Everyone,
ive tried without success to connect my Windows Simplify3D to my Anycubic Chiron. Using the Machine Control Panel i am unable to connect and get a few characters or a few lines of random garbage. Having read that this is the result of a speed mismatch I made sure the speed and comport was the same in windows device manager and simplify3d. At first, i thought it was a problem with my com port, but Cura is able to connect to my Chiron printer without issue.

Ive read a few threads that suggest its an incorrect setting on the com port, but i haven't seen any posts that fix this.

Is there anything i can try apart from making sure ive got the correct speed and com port?

thanks,
Michael
h_aultman

Re: Cant connect Simplify3D to my Anycubic Chiron

I have the same problem with my Anycubic Chiron. According to Windows Device Manager my Chiron is connected to COM3 at a baud rate of 9600. I set the baud rate to 9600 in Simplify3D (and turned off all firewall settings just in case) but connection failed. Below is results

Attempting connection at \\.\COM3...
Connection failed

I hear the Chiron beep when Simplify3D tries to connect but nothing else.

I'm using Windows 10 and just updated from Version 4.1 to Version 5 of Simplify3D. Also, my Chiron is running firmware version 1.3.0.

I never had this problem with the older version of Simplify3D. I noticed that Version 5 no longer has the "Firmware Configuration" option under the "Tools" menu. I guess I should have not upgraded to Version 5. The old adage "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" just bit me...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
h_aultman

Re: Cant connect Simplify3D to my Anycubic Chiron

Contacted Simplify3D tech support via email and received reply within 24hrs that solved my issue. Changed baud rate to 250000 in Simplify3D and all is good...

Thanks to Simplify3D for quick response

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”