S3D-Jake

Re: OK, Time to Start Yet Another "Where is Version 5? " Thread

Thanks to everyone for their questions, comments, and continued interest in V5.
sage2050 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:53 am ...What will 5.0 offer at this point to justify the hefty license fee over free slicers? ...
Glasofruix wrote:
S3D-Jake wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:32 pm ...Though, I can assure you, yes, there will be a V5.
Hahahahaha ! I highly doubt it.
gwhite wrote: ...The reason I still hang out here is that I really still want a Version 5 of S3D....
I'm not able to share the feature list coming to V5 just yet. Our testing team has been really geeking over a lot of what they're seeing. I hope that when we are able to share more publicly about the features included in V5 that you will feel similarly excited.
sage2050 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:53 am ...Why should I and others have to pay again for 5.0 when we purchased our licenses when release was "a few months away"? ...
I understand that this is a large point of contention for a lot of our newer users. Obviously there are multiple avenues that can be pursued in order to handle upgrade eligibility and pricing. I would look to the current wording on our FAQs, linked just below, if any assumptions are to be made before an official announcement is made.
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/faq/#quest-6261
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
flyingdutch1969

Pretty sure that they are basically out of business, and probably down to one or two people eeking out a meager living off the few people who are new to 3d printing and sending in some $ for a license, not knowing that it is actually dead.

I guess I too, will start the migration over to superslicer.

They have pretty much alienated their whole user base, and by the time they do release anything, if anything, it will be too late. I can hear all the mocking comments now in response to any announcement they should ever make. The forums, facebook, youtube etc will throw them in the frying pan while laughing at them.
Billzilla

flyingdutch1969 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:24 pm
I guess I too, will start the migration over to superslicer.
I swapped over to Prusaslicer earlier this year and do not miss S3D at all. The ongoing joke of "it's coming soon" wore out a couple of years ago. I'm advising everyone that asks what slicer to use, to not get S3D, it's a waste of money.
flyingdutch1969

And with Covid, more 3d printers were sold than ever before. To be silent during that period, would have been a death nail, if they weren't already dead. Even if someone bought them to try to bring it out of the ground, its too late. The ship has sailed.
ryan99alero

While I would love to see a bunch of new feature. I can say the main reason I continue to use Simplify3D is accuracy. I'd be curious if anyone else has done a comparison. I read an article in 2019 that compared Cura, Simplify3D and Slic3r for dimensional accuracy. Simplify3D was the most accurate. For me accuracy is important for what I use it for but provably not a big deal for most people.

I wish it was even more accurate. Especially for holes. Below is the article I was mentioning about accuracy. I'm curious what is missing or so bad about Simplify3D versus whatever everyone else is running that has made them leave. I have a Raise3D and use to use IdeaMaker but found Simplify3D alot easier to use.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... duse_parts

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”