pyrphia

Where the heck did my processes go???

Hello everyone. I recently bought this software a few days ago because I know there are so many features to it that other slicers do not appear to have. However, I have been going crazy with this dysfunctional interface between profiles and processes. I have two printers: a Tevo Tornado and an Ender 3. I had been working with my Tevo first, creating different processes with how I want it to print with different objects. Then I used the configuration assistant for my Ender. OK, cool. Different profiles, different settings. Then I started to customize different processes for my Ender. Hey...I think I am finally get the hang of how to work with this software. But then, when I switched profiles back to the Tevo...only the processes for the Ender remained. WHAT THE HECK???
S3D-Jake

Re: Where the heck did my processes go???

This post may help to understand the differences between processes and profiles.

viewtopic.php?p=10812#p10812
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
alexis92

Do you mean the processes for the Tevo disappeared from the Tevo profile? That would be a pretty massive bug, if so.
S3D-Jake

alexis92 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:07 am Do you mean the processes for the Tevo disappeared from the Tevo profile? That would be a pretty massive bug, if so.
Processes are not a part of a profile. Processes are instances of a profile. Processes are not meant to be permanent storage of settings and should not be seen as such. Profiles in a non-modified state are where your printer's settings are backed up. If your profile shows as modified, that specific pairing of print settings have not been backed up. Selecting Save as New from the edit process settings menu will allow you to save that specific settings configuration as a new Profile.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
alexis92

Got it, thanks for the explainer! I also found this video which could help out anyone looking for more info
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-cToT8v-c

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”