alexis92

[Off-topic] Robot vacuum cleaners?

I've been considering getting a robot vacuum cleaner for my apartment lately and was thinking that given how mostly everyone here owns a 3D printer, they might be enough versed in tech to help me figure out what to look for.

Although I'm a total simpleton when it comes to this, I have done some research into buyer's guides like this one, to at least look at some options.

I'd love some help narrowing things down though, so if anyone has any recommendations please do let me know. I'd also appreciate any tips or other features or limitations to take under consideration.

TIA for any help!
dibor

Re: [Off-topic] Robot vacuum cleaners?

Hello.
Have this one.
But if you have dogs or/and cats look for different model from same manufacture.

Good luck.
tenaja

I would advise against an iRobot. I had a Scooba, and they had it designed to burn up the circuit board if you left it plugged in to charge.

They have probably fixed that, but it was a known problem that they did not make right. That history indicates any new bugs will be left unsupported.
zemlin

https://www.wyze.com/products/wyze-robot-vacuum
Great price, good features. I have no regrets. If you have more than one floor you need a charging station for each floor (or move the one that comes with it). It isn't perfect, but it's pretty good and the price is right.
JaffH

I'd recommend you to stop on a few models and read feedback from real people. You can find them on Amazon or other sites that sell them.
I had a robot vacuum cleaner that I bought just from a local shop. It was terrible, honestly.
alexis92

dibor wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:01 pm Hello.
Have this one.
But if you have dogs or/and cats look for different model from same manufacture.

Good luck.
I'll look into it thanks!
alexis92

JaffH wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:20 pm I'd recommend you to stop on a few models and read feedback from real people. You can find them on Amazon or other sites that sell them.
I had a robot vacuum cleaner that I bought just from a local shop. It was terrible, honestly.
I know what you mean! I tried my luck here and I've come out with some good recommendations, now only time can tell if I end up purchasing the right thing for me.
JaffH

alexis92 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:44 pm
JaffH wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:20 pm I'd recommend you to stop on a few models and read feedback from real people. You can find them on Amazon or other sites that sell them.
I know what you mean! I tried my luck here and I've come out with some good recommendations, now only time can tell if I end up purchasing the right thing for me.
good luck with what you are looking for :)
alexis92

This is the one I ended up going with, it was popular amongst the recommendations I got, Fingers crossed!
Annieclover2

Buying my first "pure clean" robot vacuum was hard considering every type of floor we had to clean – hardwoods, tile, thick area rugs, wall-to-wall carpeting. Could it handle the job? The main floor of our house (where we get the most dust & debris) was about 1500 sq. ft. Was it OK to use around pets and small kids? How clean/safe would the floors be after the vacuum went over the floors? After reading the reviews I chose the Pure Clean PURRCX70. None of the other brands sanitized the floors.

I have to say I was a little intimidated when I opened the box. There were a few small parts, but after I read the manual, most of the parts were extras (filters, side cleaning brushes). The setup was simple. The hardest part was to find an area that would be out of the way where I could charge it.
1. Set up the charging station.
2. Put the batteries (2 each AAA) in the remote.
3. Attach the edge brushes.
4. Charge for 6 hours
5. Run

I was concerned that we have too much furniture. I was also concerned we have a combination of hard wood floors, wall to wall carpeting, and thick area rugs. That was easily solved when I saw it goes everywhere! Under dressers, along the walls, closets, hardwood floors to carpet. When was the last time you vacuumed all the way to the back of your bed and dressers???? This PURRCX70 unit did it with ease. On the remote you just push the button when you are ready to start. It has several settings on the remote (Spot clean, zig zag clean, edge clean).
I wasn’t sure of the suction results I would see, considering we had vacuumed our floors two days before this. I was amazed at the dust collected (see the picture of the dust and the filter system. Cleaning the filter was easy.

From using this for a few days now I would make some suggestions

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”