yesbird wrote: ↑Tue May 24, 2022 2:09 pm
Thank you, parallyze
, but this option is already turned on. I have resigned with low quality inside and ended up with adjusting relief details/scale on the model. For clay it more or less acceptable.
Hmm.... if it doesn't slice as a solid with "Merge all outlines" enabled, then there's probably something wrong with your model file. Try
checking it using NetFabb or similar.
Just had a closer look again. From the pictures I thought there was already a 0 thickness wall acting as a "frame" inside
your object. But it does look like the fragments aren't connected at all?
I just tested the approach mentioned earlier in this thread:
1. create object using 3mm walls
2. dupcliate object, thin walls from outside/inside by 1mm
3. fracture thick object using %whatever%, I ran a quick test in blender
4. export fragments, clean up file
5. merge thin walled object from step 2 with cleaned up files from 4
With "Merge all outlines" enabled:
Still seems like a lot of work to do... otherwise all the parts starting mid-air will require supports.... ^^