yesbird

Process to layer mapping in preview

Hi guys !
Thanks for the great software you're doing for us, I have 4.1.2 version.

Few words about processes usage: no doubt - its is very powerful feature, but I found little bit confusing two things:

1. Some parameters are inherited from previous processes and I am not sure which of them are inherited and which overridden.

2. Mapping layers to processes sometimes is not transparent - Variable setting wizard helps a lot, but it could be very helpful to have information about processes in preview mode, maybe the same way as wizards do. Yes, it's possible to make preview for each process separtely, but I suppose to see this mapping in multi-process preview will be more convinient.

What is your opinion ?
parallyze

Re: Process to layer mapping in preview

What is your opinion ?
Honestly? Personally I wouldn't hold my breath.... not sure about how viewing process properties would work if there's
a mixture of "full height, per object processes" and "single objects using multiple processes along z". Maybe in "Line View"
the current process could simply be listed like the toolhead x/y/z coordinates.
yesbird wrote: Thanks for the great software you're doing for us, I have 4.1.2 version.
v4.1.2 was released more than 3 years ago: viewtopic.php?t=13070

From that post:
Our team remains dedicated to improving Version 4 and we have multiple updates planned for 2019. At the same time, we continue to make significant progress with the development of Version 5.0. Stay tuned for more details in future development updates!
Ask yourself how much time you want to spend on a slicer not updated for more than 3 years, especially
waiting for feature requests... ^^
yesbird

Re: Process to layer mapping in preview

parallyze wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:54 pm Maybe in "Line View" the current process could simply be listed like the toolhead x/y/z coordinates.
This is exactly what I mean.
parallyze wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:54 pm Ask yourself how much time you want to spend on a slicer not updated for more than 3 years, especially
waiting for feature requests... ^^
You are right, maybe it's time to upgrade, but it works for me well now, this feature is not serious requirement.

Return to “Feature Requests”