blj1884

Simplify3D 4.1.2 update broke my Simplify3D

The Simplify3D update to 4.1.2 from 4.1.1 logged me out of my account and deactivated my seat. It also locks up when I try to edit any process and have to kill the Simplify3D using windows task manage.

I tried reinstalling from downloading 4.1.2 and logging back in and rebooting windows.

Uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting windows.

I looked in" C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Roaming" to see if I could delete a Simplify3D folder as this is sometimes necessary with some application and normally resolves these type of issues. No such Simplify3D folder exist to delete.

I looked in "C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local" and it had a Simplify3D folder but it was just for loading last session. I deleted it and next time I loaded Simplify3D it did not load the last session. I then tried to import a new model and add a new process and it locked up again.

I tried all of my tricks that normally resolve updated software issues, but they did not work with Simplify3D.

I can not try to uninstall and reinstall Simplify3D 4.1.1 being as I do not have that anymore, and we can not download orders versions.

I would really like to be able to use my Simplify3D again please. Can I get 4.1.1 from you to see if it fixes the problem? Can we turn of automatic updates for the test?
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
blj1884

Re: Simplify3D 4.1.2 update broke my Simplify3D

Update:

I tried installing 4.1.2 on my Windows 10 Laptop and it word without issue.

I am going to format my PC and do a clean install. This installation had a good run, longer than any previous installations.

Sometimes Windows is the problem. I will update after I do a fresh Install and test Simplify3D 4.1.2

-Jason
blj1884

Update / Solution?:

So I reinstalled windows and Simplify3D and it works now 4.1.2. It happened after the update, but I think it has been over 2-years since I had to do fresh install of windows. Was time I guess. Running an install of windows anything for that long and never needing to start clean for me is by far a new record.

Long of the short is No Harm No Foul as it were.

If you have this problem, then maybe my solution is what you require (Be sure to backup your FFF Profiles before you do).

Feature Request: Backup / Batch Export all FFF Profiles to a Directory && Restore / Batch Import. Maybe a user account in your cloud that all of your FFF-Profiles would be and propagate updates like looking for updates. Having to Backup 47 Custom Profiles for 5 Different MacInnes is a bit of a pain. Importing them also is a pain.

The "AppData\Roaming" solution in my first post normally works for any application acting strange, especially after an update from anything (Mostly Microsoft updates, given the nature of programs, that makes since I guess).

-Jason
parallyze

blj1884 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:52 am Having to Backup 47 Custom Profiles for 5 Different MacInnes is a bit of a pain. Importing them also is a pain.
All profiles are stored inside the registry and can be exported. In case of trouble one can import them one by one
using XML/FFF files or simply import the whole registry hive again.

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\FFFWindow -> ProfileDatabaseContents

(...still wondering why it takes 8-10 profiles for a single printer, but not really related to this topic...)
blj1884

So this is how it is gong to be?
Attachments
S3D.PNG
blj1884

I am the fish
blj1884

Getting even, or making a point?
blj1884

parallyze wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:12 am
blj1884 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:52 am Having to Backup 47 Custom Profiles for 5 Different MacInnes is a bit of a pain. Importing them also is a pain.
All profiles are stored inside the registry and can be exported. In case of trouble one can import them one by one

(...still wondering why it takes 8-10 profiles for a single printer, but not really related to this topic...)
Well, when you develop many tings and are an exploratory hobbyist, sometime we like to create different profiles to accomplish special task and "I" like to keep them. The One by One part is the issue, and now I guess Admin backdoor me is retribution for my post? It was true, so I posted it, now they have jokes. my simplify is stuck like this regardless of what i do. Like a "Form2" profile Maybe? I can read between the lines.
Attachments
S3D.PNG
blj1884

parallyze wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:12 am

IF YOU ARE READING ALL OF THIS AND THINKING WTF?, Then it was not written for you.

Some of us like to make custom profiles for exploratory reasons. This required special gcode conditions and post processing. The how or why I want 9+ Profiles per printer is how I do my me. Multiple printers, exactly the same, sometimes need special first layer height considerations.

Sometimes I just feel like having them and it is that simple. You can do some really cool stuff with Simplify3D because ti is designed correctly in my opinion. With your imagination you can create profiles that can do some cool stuff. One by one is a hassle for me because I have that many profiles for a reason ans sometimes they are there just in case I need them again so I do not have to reinvent the wheel.

I did not complain, I just suggested a feature. They add it, great, they don't, business as usual. I am happy with it as is without any future updates.

Now special directed hacks making my fdm look like a "FORM2", I think it is funny, but seriously, knock it off. I made a cretin agency(s) aware of what has been happening to me (Before this). I am the bait now. Please fix my Simplify3D account and turn my world right side up again please.

RAISE3D, Flashforge, they are all trying to put you out of business and are jumbling up all of the gcodes like using layer peal in place of the standard M605 "Flashforge", or RAISE3D moving the modes out of order for M605. We have standards for a reason. Sometimes we need 9 profiles to hack the firmware gcode crippling mess that these manufacturer screwing us with.

If I can not rely on gocde standards when I am using your 3D Printer, then I do not want it. Flashforge & RAISE3D If the both of you had designed your IDEX Printers correctly non of this would had happened. Flashforge, I was tired of working for free, and you pushing special experimental firmware on me messing with my day do you could milk me for free R&D. I also noticed that the last time it was to try and make me use your new Flash print and be your beta tester for that as well. Like I said, SImplify3D is the only Slicer need. Stop taking community firmware and twisting them up with crazy gcodes, then maybe someone like me would design and share Simplify3D FFF Profiles.

Why am I saying this, because think about it. I am being actively stalked and digitally toyed with.

US Agencies (I think we know who each other are), I will never work for you under these conditions. You want to train me, then put me on the payroll. It is that simple. I think you understand my skill set by now. Loyalty works both ways. Hey everybody, view this government source and follow the links that says we need your help. Then you use that to make me a target for whatever your reasons training / recruitment.

I am getting tired of these childish games.
Attachments
S3D.PNG
blj1884

To be clear, that was a blanket post.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”