Syncd

Re: Makerbot Method X Support?

@S3D-Jake

Any word on this? Are you guys working on support for this printer? We have much cheaper printers drastically outperforming this printer due to terrible control of the slicer. We love Simplify3D and would love to be able to use it with our Method X
DAL

Please add support for Makerbot Method. The slicer they force us to use is very clumsy, inefficient, and subpar.
Thank you
cooljar577

I would also really appreciate a Makerbot Method X printer profile
DanAbbott

I too would like to use Simplify 3D with the MethodX. After they replaced my printer twice, I am still getting poor results when printing with support material. I sent them two files with which I've had problems, and they couldn't print them either. Their toolpath team is working on the problem. I don't consider what I am printing to be particularly demanding since I can print them on a FlashForge Creator Pro, an Ender Pro, and either my Form2 or Form3 Formlabs printer.

The printer itself is capable of doing excellent printing, but I have to mess with orientation, and even modifications to the models to get even satisfactory results. I replaced a five year old StrataSys uPrint that required extensive repairs with the MethodX expecting to get the same flawless ability to print with the SR30 support material, so I am hoping their team can get the software straightened out. If you folks were to make it possible to use Simplify3D, I'd be very interested in trying it out.
kschippy

I would like to add my vote. The Makerbot software is terrible. Please add support.
Syncd

@S3D-Jake

Resurrecting this again in hope of support. The Makerbot slicer is horrible. Any news?
Beta

Definitely interested in seeing Makerbot Method/Method X support in Simplify3d.

I suppose I could experiment with making my own machine profile, but would prefer an official one tested and blessed by S3d. The printer has such potential but is hampered by non-optimal software.
S3D-Jake

Beta wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:53 am Definitely interested in seeing Makerbot Method/Method X support in Simplify3d.

I suppose I could experiment with making my own machine profile, but would prefer an official one tested and blessed by S3d. The printer has such potential but is hampered by non-optimal software.
What sort of issues are you having when using your Method printer with the default software?
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
cooljar577

The slicer does not give control over very basic features such as the ability to add skirts/brims, have different print speeds or layer height for the first layer, minimum support sizes, variable speeds for small features, etc.

all of these controls are considered the bare minimum when it comes to slicers but Makerbot Print lacks all of them.

I would really appreciate simplify3D support for MakerBot Method and Method X
kraebs

Count me in - I use Simplify3d on the rest of my printers, and miss so many of the convenient features when printing on the Method X

Return to “Feature Requests”