S3D-Jake

Re: Zoom to mouse rather than center of build volume

I've added your additional remarks to our existing feature request log. As always, thanks for your feedback!
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
gearsawe

+1
Yes please. this is the only software the does this annoying zoom and frustrating.
find my self zoom than panning all around trying to find that spot again. just to zoom back out so I can figure out where I am again!
cbarry

+100 - are you guys fixing any bugs in this version or waiting to do a completly new version? (that I thought was going to already be out by now...)
msaine

I think you need to consider zooming to center of table. The build volume has little meaning on small parts and that is where zoom is handiest, trying to put a surface of a small part on the table. Currently for small parts they often drop off the bottom of the screen when zooming. Zoom to cursor would help a lot.
S3D-Jason

This feature request has now been implemented in the latest V5 version! That release has an entirely new rendering engine with new 3D view controls that should be far easier to use. You can customize how the zoom and rotation work (centered around models, center of platform, nearest part, etc). Zooming can also go towards the mouse or the center of the platform if you prefer the old V4 behavior.

From using V5 internally I can tell you it is quite a significant upgrade in terms of how quickly you can move around the 3D view. Thank you for the great suggestion!

Return to “Feature Requests”