zemlin

Who were the V5 beta testers?

Trying to understand how so many major omissions, problems, and unwelcome changes made it through to a V5 release candidate. Were there, in fact, beta testers for V5? Are any of them on this forum? Are any of them using S3D in a manufacturing mode?

I offered to beta numerous times.
Last edited by zemlin on Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
airscapes

Re: Who were the V5 beta testers?

The general public is beta testing, after the years of no support why would they bother with beta testers..
S3D-Jason

With a release as large as V5 it's impossible to find every bug before launch, but I know the software did go through months of internal testing to iron out the majority of the bugs in advance. However, if you find any bugs using V5 please report them on the Bug Reports section of the forum. Our developers are already working on our next stability release, so that will make sure they can get your fixes incorporated.
airscapes

S3D-Jason wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:25 pm Our developers are already working on our next stability release, so that will make sure they can get your fixes incorporated.
That tells me everything I already know is true.. Keep using my old 4.01 for at least a year.. and then evaluate what I see on the forum at that time.. Good luck all!
zemlin

So 5.0 is a public beta, and you're asking existing users for $60 to test it and provide feedback on how to make a usable product. Nice.
VitHudecek

zemlin wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:42 pm So 5.0 is a public beta, and you're asking existing users for $60 to test it and provide feedback on how to make a usable product. Nice.
This...
S3D-Jason

'Stability release" or "patch release". That's the term we use for all our 0.0.x releases. Our plan is always to add features in the 0.x.0 releases, and then follow with 0.0.x releases to address any issues that come up. It's a natural part of software development. You can't find all issues in advance, so you have to work to fix them in follow up releases.

I can assure you that the software went through months of testing, both inside and outside S3D. We will work on quickly incorporating fixes for whatever is found, so certainly please keep reporting any issues that come up.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”