bolsoncerrado

No longer able to drag models using (any) key on MacOS!!

No longer able to drag models using (any) key on MacOS!!

Having to move the mouse, click and unclick to be able to move the models is pissing my butt off!!

Please bring back all key shortcuts you held hostage in this update!! :'(
jfkansas

Re: No longer able to drag models using (any) key on MacOS!!

Command and holding the left mouse button works for me on MacOS.
SweHogelid

jfkansas wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:23 am Command and holding the left mouse button works for me on MacOS.
Which version of MacOS do you have, and is it a M1?
-I'm starting to wonder if many Mac problems is due to the M1 chip.

On my M1 iMac, MacOS 13.1, this doesn't work either
jfkansas

I have an older intel MBP, Big Sur. So maybe it is an issue with M1 macs. Kinda odd cause the interface is decoupled from the hardware for the most part.
billyd

I can't figure out how to drag and move models on Windows OS either. Use to be hold the ctrl key down and drag the mouse. Doesn't work anymore, can't find a keyboard shortcut to even modify. Super annoying!
S3D-Jason

I believe you can just press the 'W' key to begin moving the models around. You don't have to hold the key anymore either. Just press it once. When you're done, press 'Q' to get back to the normal mode.
kyleamorgan

Unable to pan on a Mac laptop (M1 chip) like what you can do with key commands on v4.
S3D-Jason

You can just right-click on the trackpad and drag to pan. I just tested it on a Mac laptop here and it seems to work fine.
anthonype

S3D-Jason wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:21 am You can just right-click on the trackpad and drag to pan. I just tested it on a Mac laptop here and it seems to work fine.
I have been having issues with this as well. Unless you change your Mac trackpad settings to set right click in the bottom right corner (I have mine set up as a double finger tap), then you will be unable to pan. On V4 I used the CMD key + left click to pan. V5 is practically unusable for myself without a mouse unfortunately. I personally prefer my settings to be a 2 finger tap for right click and just couldn't adjust to the rest of my day to day with that setting changed just for Simplify3D V5.

I really hope we get some more options. I know it's a tiny issue but it's definitely one that makes the usability factor on V5 very frustrating. At first I actually though this feature was removed...

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”