Darkly spectre
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 am

Potential user has some questions.

Hi to you all.

So about a week and half ago I decided that I wanted to buy a 3D printer after seeing some of them at work at a store here in belgium.

So I ended up getting a Sharebot NG dual extruder.

After some fiddling about and figuring out why my PLA prints kept on warping I got the hang of general setting everything up and the whole thing .

Now the thing is. I have been using slic3r since I began using my sharebot and it works decently well but there are quite alot of things that I have been wanting to do and unfortunately I am not clever enough to start fiddling in the G-Code of my prints.

now from what I can see simplify seems to offer those functions judging from the website and people talking about it. Sharebot themselves advertise simplify3D on their website but when I check the simplify website they aren't on the list of supported printers and it kinda worries me to be honest. I am not the smartest person involving these things. I can work my way around a computer just fine but 3D printing is a whole new story and it kinda scares me off that I potentially have to completely set up bazillion options in the program if I do get it because my printer isn't on the list of printers that have already been pre-configured and calibrated. And to be honest much help isn't on sharebot's website(god their manual is just awfull).

So do you guys know if setting up simplify for the sharebot is going to be a hell or if somebody already did it and has a guide or whatever.

I love this printer and it works very well once I figured out how to properly setup printing but the one thing that kinda has me down is just....how little information or help you can find online for these things.

Other question is just a question to the users. how are your experiences with the program? Are the functions and power of the program worth the price point or should I just stick to using slic3r.

with kind regards.

darkly
JoeJ
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Potential user has some questions.

Sharebot uses and recommends the software. They can give you everything you need for the setup, no extra work required. And yes, it adds a lot of features beyond what some of the other packages have.

Email sharebot and they will send you the settings you need
dsegel
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: Potential user has some questions.

As for your other question, there are some things that Slic3er does that S3D can't do (mainly infill options like pattern and solid infill threshold), but for the most part S3D gives you more control and is easier to use. I actually print with Octopi, but I use S3D almost exclusively as my slicer, and I love using it.
Darkly spectre
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 am

Re: Potential user has some questions.

Thank you guys for the answers.

I bought the software and I am fiddling around with it.

Just hope sharebot replies soon since I screwed up and the bed somehow decided that the bed being on the bottom was the high needed to print and when I cancelled the print it tried to force the bed through the floor. jesus christ that scared the crap out of me.

going to use slic3r for now untill I get those config files for S3D

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”