davorin

Why only one activation is allowed now?

Good morning

In my account I see that I can have two activations of my old 4.1.2 license...

So why has this been changed now to only one activation????
dtyree77

Re: Why only one activation is allowed now?

I have the same disappointment! I wish that they would make it so that you could at least have it installed on multiple devices, but only one installation was active.

As a prior V4 user, I'd be willing to purchase an additional license for another 60$ so I could get back to 2 seats, but not a floating license for 199$. As a V4 user I feel pretty let down, and upset.
Last edited by dtyree77 on Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
davorin

That explains the price increase from US$ 149 to US$ 199 (o;

Pay more, get less (o;

Not even a trial version to test...or it is hidden somewhere on the website...
no way of comparing it now to PrusaSlicer which I am very, very happy with (o;
Schwani

Loosing a seat really messes with my work flow. Like many others, I prep, slice, and preview in the office. Save a factory file to a server. In the shop load the factory file, and print.
But without a second seat I can’t do that. In addition V4 doesn’t load v5 factory files, so that route is off the table too.
I get the license bit, there are better ways….
joesoap583

This single activation is mega bad news. I have 2 3d printers, each hosted with its own PC. The earlier x2 activation in v4 worked great, but it seems with v5 I have to stump up another new installation. Software authors are usually keen to keep registered users, but obviously s3d play by different rules.

Sorry S3D support, I'm now going to request a refund. My idea of an upgrade is to gain new features but this 5 upgrade seriously diminishes my options so it's time to switch to a new slicer.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.
AndersE

I also think this was a really bad way to go. I also have 2 computers, one for each printer.
I "could" go over to klipper and run all from same computer, but this is not the way i want to go.
Even two is a little cheap.

One machine is just cheap..
joesoap583

joesoap583 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:58 pm This single activation is mega bad news. I have 2 3d printers, each hosted with its own PC. The earlier x2 activation in v4 worked great, but it seems with v5 I have to stump up another new installation. Software authors are usually keen to keep registered users, but obviously s3d play by different rules.

Sorry S3D support, I'm now going to request a refund. My idea of an upgrade is to gain new features but this 5 upgrade seriously diminishes my options so it's time to switch to a new slicer.
My request for a refund is now in. so we'll see where this goes.

I explained that the request was due to the single activation. Should S3D say no chance then I will raise a complaint thru PayPal as without warning S3D installed features I did not want - it was impossible to know about this change without handing over my wonga.
Posting as a private individual - 3D printing is a hobby activity.
Creality CR-10S owner.
TomOH

Well, after 5+ years "development" I am sure the financial situation is rather dim... Trying to squeeze as much money out of the userbase seems to be a logic step. I personally doubt that they will get the financial gain they anticipate by screwing their existing customer base over, but let's see.
I for sure will not "upgrade".
smcandrew

I hope this gets fixed or re considered I use a single computer in my printer room with multiple printers usb/entermeted to the pc and one in my office to design and test files in the slicer for weird model behaviors.
3DNC

I'm really unhappy with the new license system. But, you can still run a licensed version 4 on one computer (or maybe two?) and a licensed version 5 on another computer. That's what I'm doing at the moment.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”