jbenw07

[FIXED] Changing the scale of a model does not maintain the scale percentage value V5

Scaled percentage changes back to 100% after moving to another model.

Example: I have 5 models on the build plate and want to print them all at 5% scale increments to test for sizing. If I change each one to 90%, 95%, 105%, 110% and leave one at 100%, and I go back to each model, the scale now reflects 100% for every single one, although the scaled measurements are saved. I would like to still be able to see what percentage I scaled each one at, since it's easier to document scaling than it is to document X, Y and Z.
jfkansas

Re: Changing the scale of a model does not maintain the scale percentage value V5

I just posted about the same thing. On top of that supports seem to change scaling/model size a little even though there are no supports outside of the model.

Definitely would be nice to have this back to v4 style. If I change a model to 100.8 in x/y, sometimes I back this off to 100.6. Now I have to reset the model and then change to 100.6.
zemlin

Re: Changing the scale of a model does not maintain the scale percentage value V5

I need to run some test parts before I'll consider running V5 for my manufacturing, so hadn't gotten into scaling parts - but that's for the heads-up - that could be a serious issue for me.

I also noticed that using the drag tool does not update the scaling numbers either.
VitHudecek

This is a big deal for me too. I do use scale for testing models and this is something that you have to write original numbers on a paper to have them saved..
SHoutzager

I am having the exact same scaling issues. If I scale up a part by a percentage and then deselect it, it will snap back to 100% but the dimensions will stay the same. :?

Also I want to close out the scaling window and keep it docked. Do I have to undock that window to be able to close it?
gearsawe

This has come up in a a couple other threads now. and is a big deal for me too.
DForbes

M4nusky wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:59 pm +1
definitly a bug
Yep same here, found out the hard way by waisting a day chasing this around, what the hell man?
jfkansas

definitly a bug
I don't think it is a bug, it is probably related to how S3d "connects" to a STL/3MF file for auto updating. It might be how that feature was designed to work. Maybe it could be refactored hold the percentage and orientation values like before.
Last edited by jfkansas on Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfkansas

DForbes wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:57 am
definitly a bug
Yep same here, found out the hard way by waisting a day chasing this around, what the hell man?
Ya, best thing to do now is note what you scaled everything at. If need to change scaling, reset all transforms and then change the value to a new percent.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”