I will update this thread to keep it up to date and as a point of reference.
- Changing units to mm/sec don't effect the flow rate, its still at mm³/min. <- fixed in 5.0.1
- Add gcode metadata so applications like moonraker can parse them <- fixed by moonraker
- Add thumbnail to gcode and make it configurable in size (512x512 for example). Its implemented very easy:
Code: Select all
; thumbnail begin 16x16 464 ; some ; base64 ; encoded image ; thumbnail end
- Add Bottom/Top layer pattern setting
- Add more overall patterns
- A roadmap were the community can see what you are actual doing. One of the biggest concerns about S3D is the lack of communication, i don't have to tell anyone what i mean, everybody knows it. And a place where we can see what you are working on and will be working on in future would highly improve this lack of communication. A nice side effect would be that users don't have to search a forum or double post things.
- A Issue tracker, just like Github, a place to keep track about Issues/Feature requests. Again helpful for anyone, you can keep track better about things, we can see whats going on etc. Maybe the roadmap isn't necessary if we have this.
- Adding a documentation, prusa knowledge base is a perfect example, a place where we can see all the settings tips and tweaks in one place. The actual situation is horrible. I mean people are reverse engineering the app to get variables to use in scripts. Come on ...
Don´t understand me wrong, the forum is a nice place to get help, BUT to get help. At the moment its used for anything, i mean u don't use needle nose pliers to get a hex nut fastened.
I really like S3D, but alls the other slicers don´t stand still, and i know that S3D have a diffrent philosphy, but there is so much potential for improvement.
Let´s change S3D from a little player with a disappointed community to the best slicer with the best community